Bitco home wireless internet

Dretastic06

I was the sent the solution diagram shortly(same day) after sending bank docs etc. It goes to their accounts dept to setup your customer profile. Which took around 3 days, then to projects to book a date, I applied around 14 July, installation was done 27 July.

It performed beautifully for the past few days and today went to crap, really bad download speed plus there was a 2-3hr downtime as the highsite had a power failure. I think they are currently working on restoring the connection to its former glory.

Gaming has been pretty much a fibre like experience, a friend on Afrihost fibre in Durban has identical ping, I wouldn imagine I had a bit of hidden latency as it is a wireless product so it's not going to be 100% stable latency due to distance to the highsite.

They sent me an incorrect invoice then a credit note a few days later so that monthly reflects 1099 and installation is 500.

There has been a lot of back and forth between support and I to get this link 100% solid and to my liking. I've asked several times for a customer portal login but it seems they keep ignoring that request, not sure why.

View attachment 892594 View attachment 892596

@Dretastic06 Please take pics of the 6M pole :p
lol Monday :ROFL: , im addind a flood light to it as well

Dretastic06

How'd it go, you 6m closer to the moon?
More disappointment:crying::crying::crying: , they were here ready to install even brought the router. They pull up with the long poll and cpt wind just didnt want him to get on the roof with it. Long story short he got some signal and then everything just went dead. He is picking up two sectors but the one is 17km away and the other 8km which he ideally wants to connect. He was speaking to the engineers to have the other sector face towards me as he needs to come do the same 6m pole with the neighbors installation on Wednesday.

VandaL

More disappointment:crying::crying::crying: , they were here ready to install even brought the router. They pull up with the long poll and cpt wind just didnt want him to get on the roof with it. Long story short he got some signal and then everything just went dead. He is picking up two sectors but the one is 17km away and the other 8km which he ideally wants to connect. He was speaking to the engineers to have the other sector face towards me as he needs to come do the same 6m pole with the neighbors installation on Wednesday.
So are they coming back today to try again? Given the distance I don't think those tiny 5GHZ antennas would work. I believe my dish is on 2.4ghz because I'm around 10KM's LOS. They had trouble with the antenna moving about a week or two ago here due to the heavy winds, and my antenna sticks out maybe a meter bolted onto the side of the house. I would imagine a 6M pole you could strap some wings on your house and immigrate to a country with better fiber coverage. :p

b33f4a18848b1be013cb3fadb1412f73.jpg

Last edited:

Dretastic06

So are they coming back today to try again? Given the distance I don't think those tiny 5GHZ antennas would work. I believe my dish is on 2.4ghz because I'm around 10KM's LOS. They had trouble with the antenna moving about a week or two ago here due to the heavy winds, and my antenna sticks out maybe a meter bolted onto the side of the house. I would imagine a 6M pole you could strap some wings on your house and immigrate to a country with better fiber coverage. :p

b33f4a18848b1be013cb3fadb1412f73.jpg
yes they first had the small square receiver on then when they added the huge dstv looking satellite it actually performed worse lol

Dretastic06

so it was no from my side, had a whole story as to why they couldnt find signal. I just think they were lazy and not bothered to even move the sector to my side. I signed up with a other WISP 20mbps for R995:X3:, will have intstalled by Thursday, definitely wont be getting that low ping i wanted.

VandaL

Well, I got sent an invoice with the incorrect value again. Hopefully that's sorted before the 1st. The one gripe I have with this service and it could just be the tower I am connected to but the download speed is never stable unless it's late at night.

Ping seems great when idle , upload is always way above the 15mbit around 17 to 19mbit but the download is almost always all over the place 10-20mbit. Late evening it works at 32mbit stable. Really annoys me, contacted support they give me the contention ratio bullshit of 1:3(lower then literally every other home WISP.

Last edited:

tm458

so it was no from my side, had a whole story as to why they couldnt find signal. I just think they were lazy and not bothered to even move the sector to my side. I signed up with a other WISP 20mbps for R995:X3:, will have intstalled by Thursday, definitely wont be getting that low ping i wanted.

So sorry to hear that dude

tm458

Ping seems great when idle , upload is always way above the 15mbit around 17 to 19mbit but the download is almost always all over the place 10-20mbit. Late evening it works at 32mbit stable. Really annoys me, contacted support they give me the contention ratio bullshit of 1:3(lower then literally every other home WISP.
Weird, sorta had the same problem where I wasn't getting more than 25mbps download but I was somehow getting an upload of 18mbps on WiFi, long story short, they told me just to use a cable if I wanted to get the full speeds :/

VandaL

Weird, sorta had the same problem where I wasn't getting more than 25mbps download but I was somehow getting an upload of 18mbps on WiFi, long story short, they told me just to use a cable if I wanted to get the full speeds :/
Yeah, when I complain they always ask me about wifi blah blah blah. I keep telling them when I test it is always on lan. I have pingplotter open as well as my Asus routers traffic monitor as well as a bandwidth monitor on my pc. So the results I am giving them are all accurate.

Right now doing a speedtest it shows 27mbit avg but I can see it hoping all over the place. The upload instantly pegs and stays stable above 17mbit. If I run the same test at say 12am the link pegs at 32mbit stable and perfect as it should be.

I'm quite sure all they've done here is share a 35mbit link amount 3 customers so if everyone is using it they only get around 12mbit download. So essentially they are charging R1099x3 for a single 35mbit link making R3297, vs the business 30mbit for R1999 which also appears to be 1:3 contention but I'm sure performance is in line with what I've experienced with my other WISPS, I would be able to get 30mbit any time of the day.

These billing issues are actually shocking given the size of this company.

I've honestly never had to monitor link issues as much as I have in under a month with them.

EDIT: Just recieved a call from one of their NOC guys, they want to send out a technician today to sort this download issue.

Last edited:

Crumbl0x

wew, seems I dodged a bullet there, pity though seeming as their initial support was really top notch, but @Dretastic06 I agree the more and more I see posts about them, either lazy or don't care about finding optimal signal.

tm458

These billing issues are actually shocking given the size of this company.

I've honestly never had to monitor link issues as much as I have in under a month with them.

EDIT: Just recieved a call from one of their NOC guys, they want to send out a technician today to sort this download issue.

yikes, I've only ever had a problem twice (my link just going down randomly couple of weeks ago and the billing issue) other than that, I've had no problems and pretty quick responses from their support team.

anyways, I hope they fix all the problems you're having mate

VandaL

yikes, I've only ever had a problem twice (my link just going down randomly couple of weeks ago and the billing issue) other than that, I've had no problems and pretty quick responses from their support team.

anyways, I hope they fix all the problems you're having mate

So the only issue beside the billing is the download speed being all over the place. It never disconnects and general ping when idle is great.

I've now got a direct number to one of the NOC guys so I can liase with him instead of 10 other people. Should be able to dial in the problem much quicker now.

The dish moving is just mother nature saying FU.

Chaoticelf

Now I seem to be a bit worried with all I read and they coming around today at 1pm for LOS and install. :X3: