Bitcoin enthusiasts move to Telegram after China cracks down on WeChat

sajunky

Honorary Master
Telegram is banned already. VPN is illegal. People turn into criminals merely by using celphones.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
/Thread Necro

This has become a huge problem now for Telegram. If they don't get a hold of it, they are going to see people abandoning their platform in droves. Bitcoin scammers are rife all over Telegram now and all groups are being infiltrated. People are being added to bitcoin groups, or contacted in private by Bitcoin scammers.

People left Whatsapp in Droves after the whole privacy thing and Telegram took on a bunch of new users.
They're going to lose that edge if they don't do something.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
/Thread Necro

This has become a huge problem now for Telegram. If they don't get a hold of it, they are going to see people abandoning their platform in droves. Bitcoin scammers are rife all over Telegram now and all groups are being infiltrated. People are being added to bitcoin groups, or contacted in private by Bitcoin scammers.

People left Whatsapp in Droves after the whole privacy thing and Telegram took on a bunch of new users.
They're going to lose that edge if they don't do something.

I was added the other day to some kind of Crypto group. Left and deleted it immediately. There is a setting you can do which is settings - Privacy and Security - Tap on Groups and then change to "My Contacts" instead of "Everybody"

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I was added the other day to some kind of Crypto group. Left and deleted it immediately. There is a setting you can do which is settings - Privacy and Security - Tap on Groups and then change to "My Contacts" instead of "Everybody"
Hi Ockie, yes thanks I have posted those instructions in my group, but now the scammers have taken to contacting the people directly.