Bitcoin is over-hyped and has no real value – South African investment firm

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Mt. Gox comes to mind. How much protection do bitcoin holders really have?

Solitude

Executive Member
Mt. Gox comes to mind. How much protection do bitcoin holders really have?

Depends on where you keep your wallet. You can get a hardware one even. You don't have to keep your wallet with an exchange.

hj007

Expert Member
100% agree with the views in this article. BTC is not of interest, the Blockchain technology is.

konfab

Honorary Master
Fiat currency is over-hyped and has no real value – South African investment firm

Fixed the headline.

konfab

Honorary Master
Depends on where you keep your wallet. You can get a hardware one even. You don't have to keep your wallet with an exchange.
Hardware wallets are a must TBH, centralising a decentralised currency defeats the point.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
“In fact, cryptocurrency is the playground of criminals revelling in the anonymity.”

Nonsense. I once tried to pay a hitman in bitcoin and he looked at me like a confused dog.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
I said that when it hit $50 if I threw my Christmas bonus at it I could have been a millionaire by now :crylaugh:

eg2505

Honorary Master
Oh no, the more the merrier :) It is good that MyBb is exploring cryptocurrencies amongst its community members.

I do wonder if MYBB will ever decide to launch their own crypto version?
I mean technically its possible,

one could call it zarbucks.....

Petec

Expert Member
“In fact, cryptocurrency is the playground of criminals revelling in the anonymity.”

Oh, so HSBC's constant money laundering for the drug cartels, and the major banks having a direct hand in the global financial meltdown (Barclays just got fined a nice wad for their involvement... So all these "legit and venerable" banking institutions do no wrong?

Comon you self protectionist dinosaur. You have NO idea of the size of the creek, you and your buddies, will soon be finding yourselves, armed with only a cardboard paddle.

Psychopathic cretins.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
While I agree the commentator in the article is completely off the mark, crypto currencies is way above the understanding of the average man in the street (me).

It's a bit like gold, but just doesn't exist physically, and only is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You can mine it like gold. It doesn't have growth beyond capital growth, no intrinsic value. It doesn't have any underlying assets backing it. A fiat currency technically has it's state behind it.

Well, those are my noob observations.

Last edited: