Bitcoin Jumps After Musk Says Tesla Will Use When Mining Cleaner

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Bitcoin Jumps After Musk Says Tesla Will Use When Mining Cleaner

Bitcoin jumped above $39,000 after Elon Musk said Tesla Inc. would resume transactions with the cryptocurrency when mining is done with more clean energy.

The electric-car maker will allow Bitcoin transactions again “when there’s confirmation of reasonable (~50%) clean energy usage by miners with positive future trend,” Musk, Tesla’s chief executive officer, said in a tweet.

Quicks

Expert Member
Here we go again. I guess he is just pumping the coin so that he can sell what he has invested in. Then it will crash again but badly.

Leno

Expert Member
And since mining pools are to a certain degree anonymous , how would he go about establishing what percentage of mining is from clean power?

I heard a some of the Chinese miners used surplus power from hydro plants , and now they are being kicked out the clean energy % will fall quite a bit (not that anyone actually knows what it is)

https://www.coindesk.com/chinese-ci...ks-blockchain-firms-to-burn-excess-hydropower (written before the mining policy changed yet again)

zoozi

Therein lies the danger right?
No, nothing to see here, all normal for a "currency", the money is in the massive whales who manipulate price people's hands now! Focus on the central banks instead. Jokes and problems with both systems aside, I know bitcoin is looked at more like gold than currency, but it's a bit ridiculous to still pretend that it can be at this point, surely? (I'm no expert).

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
No, nothing to see here, all normal for a "currency", the money is in the massive whales who manipulate price people's hands now! Focus on the central banks instead. Jokes and problems with both systems aside, I know bitcoin is looked at more like gold than currency, but it's a bit ridiculous to still pretend that it can be at this point, surely? (I'm no expert).
Why not?

1623680647505.png