Bitcoin Thread - 2018

JaseZA

Crazy thing is that is only half the growth we saw last year!! Max growth admittedly, but still... I'm sitting here waiting for another dip to buy back in. Sold out at R110k thinking that was the peak of the bounce, but now I'm not so sure. At least I managed to buy a bit at R85k to sell and make up some of the losses...

saor

Honorary Master
Green candle forming on the daily.
Looks like at a bit of sideways movement incoming.

ddd.png

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I think that we might go to $10k or even $11k/$12k this weekend. I see many news articles saying the bottom has been reached and now we going to rebound to over $10k. So people who are sitting on cash and those that have sold will be fomo buying this whole weekend.

Just breaking into $9000 again. The over 9000 memes can resume.

saor

Honorary Master
If I was trading this I'd be watching to see what happens if/when it falls to the 200 day EMA at around $9k.
It would mark the first time in recent history that it hits that marker & I'd be quite surprised to see it go lower.

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/585298-The-Bitcoin-Thread?p=21013138&viewfull=1#post21013138
charted.png

Now things are interesting.
Looking at the charts I'd like to say BTC has found solid ground again, but my gut still feels like it's not quite low enough yet. I'm still not trading this, just enjoying watching this unfold.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
You should stick to your property thread instead of trolling the crypto forums. Stick with what you know is best.

Others are making a ton of cash from cryptos. Hell, in just a few hours yesterday I netted a higher return from trading compared to an entire years return on a property investment. All whilst sitting comfortably at home watching series and monitoring a couple charts on the side.

saturnz

Honorary Master
You should stick to your property thread instead of trolling the crypto forums. Stick with what you know is best.

Others are making a ton of cash from cryptos. Hell, in just a few hours yesterday I netted a higher return from trading compared to an entire years return on a property investment. All whilst sitting comfortably at home watching series and monitoring a couple charts on the side.

dude 6% from R1000 vs 6% on R1.5m are two totally different stories

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
dude 6% from R1000 vs 6% on R1.5m are two totally different stories
lol... 6%. I thought property was around 20% or so which is what I was comparing against.

Check the exchanges. There are millions of rands changing hands and many people are trading with over R500k even on Luno. Trading volume in the last 24 hours on Luno was around R282m.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
lol... 6%. I thought property was around 20% or so which is what I was comparing against.

Check the exchanges. There are millions of rands changing hands and many people are trading with over R500k even on Luno. Trading volume in the last 24 hours on Luno was around R282m.
how much actual money did you make yesterday? did you make R20 000 yesterday or did you make 20% on R20 000?

returns always sound flattering until the actual principles are mentioned

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
how much actual money did you make yesterday? did you make R20 000 yesterday or did you make 20% on R20 000?

returns always sound flattering until the actual principles are mentioned
Lets just say you're not even close. It's over R100k profit in a few hours. I don't want to give the full amounts on a public forum...

saturnz

Honorary Master
Lets just say you're not even close. It's over R100k profit in a few hours. I don't want to give the full amounts on a public forum...
nice, so in 40 days you should have enough to buy your lambo

we wait and see

Temujin

Executive Member
nice, so in 40 days you should have enough to buy your lambo

we wait and see
Can't be done everyday, but once in a blue moon(what timing;)) it can be done, days like yesterday, and a few days in december... I'm small trader and did a fair 5 figure chunk yesterday, not quite 6... I can only imagine what some of the big boys on here did

saturnz

Honorary Master
Can't be done everyday, but once in a blue moon(what timing;)) it can be done, days like yesterday, and a few days in december... I'm small trader and did a fair 5 figure chunk yesterday, not quite 6... I can only imagine what some of the big boys on here did
when I see a lambo I will be impressed