Bitcoin Thread - 2018

phly

Expert Member
Whatever happens, I think it will go up a little first and but not more than $3500 for now. If it is a consolidation phase then it will also stay on the slow uptrend above $3400. I still have a long open from $3420.

I have a take profit at 3500 region waiting for a wicked wick - even if it does not reach 3600. I only need it to kiss $3500 and my target will be achieved.

saor

Honorary Master
It pumped on Bitmex.
Where'd you pull that chart from?
I can't find that on tradingview or on bitmex itself. I can see from twitter it happened but charts aren't showing it.

trxd.png

bitmex:
biotmerx.png

phly

Expert Member

Have you checked - TRXUSD or even TRXBTC - binance - available on tradingview - drilling down to the hourly - 10am yesterday - the spike should be visible then

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Have you checked - TRXUSD or even TRXBTC - binance - available on tradingview - drilling down to the hourly - 10am yesterday - the spike should be visible then
Binance didn't spike as much as Bitmex. Bitmex had massive short liquidations which just kept pushing the price up.

saor

Honorary Master
Dude, I just posted multiple screenshots that show nothing. Anyway - I see it now on bitmex TRXH19, thx @SaiyanZ .

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
BTC - how nice would that be...
Strange thing is now that I'm trading on Bitmex I prefer the smaller moves. Anything move over 10%/15% in one direction without decent retracement has the potential to liquidate a position. If it starts to have those 10%+ moves again I'll probably reduce my leverage (currently use 10x) a lot or not trade at all until things settle down. Since as long as I'm not getting liquidated my account is growing.

eg. Right now I have shorts waiting to get filled at $3500. If the price goes all the way to $3800 and then pulls back only to $3700 and then goes to $4000, the whole position I opened at $3500 will be liquidated even if I average in with another short at $3800. Such a move is not impossible too. It happened to many when the price went from $3200 to $4200 in December. Even if you shorted at $3500, which would have seemed safe at the time after a move up from $3200, you'd have been liquidated at 10x leverage when the price got to $4000.

It's the reason I'm not holding any shorts here but will hold a long. Much easier to go up $500 from here than go down $500.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
LOL... this is what happens when you leave millennials in charge of lots of money. Clearly someone thought he was invincible.
On the other hand, a fraction of $190 mil will probably buy you a death certificate and a new birth certificate.

"and even a security expert has been unable to get past the device’s encryption. "
Or he has :whistling:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
LOL... this is what happens when you leave millennials in charge of lots of money. Clearly someone thought he was invincible.
On the other hand, a fraction of $190 mil will probably buy you a death certificate and a new birth certificate.

"and even a security expert has been unable to get past the device’s encryption. "
Or he has :whistling:
Think everyone should be able to see if the crypto is being moved around as the ledger is public. So if the passwords are really lost forever then the wallets should remain static.

John Tempus

Expert Member
The interesting part is what happened to the millions in fiat. I guess that was also locked away in a bank account only accessible by the guy who suddenly died in india where you can buy authenticate death certificates for $450 on the street.

This is all a load of crap. Either the guy didn't die and just exit scammed because they were blowing funds that were not theirs by operating fractional reserve or the guy really did die and when he died the rest of the company thought it would be a good time to claim he had the only keys to the wallets while they effectively steal the funds.

Crypto aside, I would love to hear their explanation on the whereabouts of millions in fiat they were supposed to have in bank.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Think everyone should be able to see if the crypto is being moved around as the ledger is public. So if the passwords are really lost forever then the wallets should remain static.
Yeah, well you'd be stupid to transfer the funds at about the time you're hacking the notebook. All he has to do is grab the info and corrupt the drive and wait for the dust to settle.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Yeah, well you'd be stupid to transfer the funds at about the time you're hacking the notebook. All he has to do is grab the info and corrupt the drive and wait for the dust to settle.
With this amount of money at stake I doubt the dust will ever settle. That said, if the wallet does start to become active again, there's no real way of tracing where the crypto is going apart from investigating everyone who was even slightly involved with the exchange.

John Tempus

Expert Member
There is not much speculation left here.

1. Clients funds were used for personal expenses, thats why they ran into a liquidity issues even before the so-called death in India. Before he went to India the exchange was in court cases about funds clients could not withdraw.

2. They claimed over and over to have multisig wallets which is clear they never had. If they did then one person dying would not lock up all crypto.

3. They are missing millions in fiat balances. They claim no bank wants to accept their bank deposit drafts for months now which is utter bs and this will come out in the court proceedings.

Everything about this exchange point to similar things that happened at Mtgox. Owners went on spending spree during market runups thinking they would easily make the money back. Long Bear market follow, traders start to slowly leave the exchange and thus a bank run ensues on their already fractional reserve holdings. They start to delay processing withdrawals that take longer and longer up to the point now that there is many users on reddit reporting waiting for fiat/crypto withdrawals from back in November 2018.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Woke up this morning to quite a surprise. It looks like the cycle/fractal is still in play. Price finally dumped a little from the exact spot it should. I gave up on this fractal a couple days ago because it seemed to get too extended with all the sideways. Plus I'm long anyway from this area as shorts here are much more risky. If it's all going to repeat we dump again very soon to about $3300 and then move around $3360 as the average before a spike up.

Even though it looks like a fractal again (with more down expected) I've just opened a long here at $3365. It's a great long entry zone for risk vs reward right now, ignoring all analysis.

balrog

Great TA guys, thanks for sharing. Only one question remains now. WHEN MOON? xD
12-18 months after the next halving (May 2020) is my prediction/guess. So anywhere from May/June 2021 to Oct/Nov/December 2021 +-...

Any time sooner would of course be awesome :)

Tweebeenvis

12-18 months after the next halving (May 2020) is my prediction/guess. So anywhere from May/June 2021 to Oct/Nov/December 2021 +-...

Any time sooner would of course be awesome :)
Meh. Wanted to quit my job this afternoon. O well :confused::confused: