Bitcoin Thread - 2018

John Tempus

Expert Member
When do you think the alt season will start? Everyone seems so ready for alts to pop up. They have been so battered that they look like juicy fruits ready for the picking.
Not sure , BTC market is keeping me occupied enough not to really care about the alts. Only got so much time in a day.

All I do every monday is look at the top100 altcoins and the 10 coins that had the worse performing previous 7 days I would buy equal parts of and just store ie. if blowing $100 on them Id pop $10 into 10 of the worse performing and just slowly without caring about that stash build it up in case there is a real altcoin pump period later on then im stashed up to dump. I dont trade them at all, just speculative gamble for longer hold. When there is a real retracement back into bear market I would ideally just mass dump them all at whatever profit margins they are at.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It did go up and then bounce again but the bounce is weak as it couldn't stay above $8100 for long. If the shaded area breaks I think it will fall all the way to the blue line.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Yeh for today the critical time period for me is to have 7800 hold running up to 5pm today.

If we can hold above 7900 before then I think we are likely for yet another day to retest 8000 and above, hopefully breaking through this time.

The previous 3 attempts of breakout with the first $8340 then $8182 and most recent $8126 is a bit frustrating with lower highs for breakout attempts so if we get to see another attempt today it needs to be at minimum above $8126 because from what I am noticing if it tries to breakout and hit a wall below $8126 that would make 4 attempts each at a lower high and the breakout run would then probably be dead in the water for now.

Salmank

All I see is a crazy war between traders on Luno. The last 20 hours constantly has 30+ bitcoins on either side, between buyers and sellers

John Tempus

Expert Member
All I see is a crazy war between traders on Luno. The last 20 hours constantly has 30+ bitcoins on either side, between buyers and sellers
Haha. Ye , luno isn't real trading. The passive / aggressive nature of the orderbook spread over there and how much it is delayed from the actual international markets is quite laughable. :)

The big order placements on luno orderbook is bots and most likely bots of a single trader controlling the luno orderbook singlehandedly.

Salmank

Haha. Ye , luno isn't real trading. The passive / aggressive nature of the orderbook spread over there and how much it is delayed from the actual international markets is quite laughable. :)

The big order placements on luno orderbook is bots and most likely bots of a single trader controlling the luno orderbook singlehandedly.
So whoch is the best place for South Africans to trade?

John Tempus

Expert Member
So whoch is the best place for South Africans to trade?
Same place everyone else trade.

Binance if your not into margintrading and want a huge selection of coins at actual market rate.

Bitmex if you are into margintrading but with limited coin selection.

Both platforms dont require any verification BS so its convenient to use.

Plus the added bonus is that whenever you want to cashout your profit you can get a bonus payoff by cashing out through luno where the btc selling price is usually 5-10% above the international market rate.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Things have slowed down today. First day in a while I haven't opened or closed any new trades. Waiting for something to happen.

GAD

The Crypto gods are punishing me for getting out at R113k and I had a chance to get back in at R107k this weekend but my greed backfired in my face... Waiting patiently on the sideline to get back in.... but seems unlikely

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It did go up and then bounce again but the bounce is weak as it couldn't stay above $8100 for long. If the shaded area breaks I think it will fall all the way to the blue line.

Seems like the bullish scenario is unlikely now. Broke the support and the retest just failed. Will probably keep dropping to $7k at least.

Swa

Honorary Master

Salmank

The Crypto gods are punishing me for getting out at R113k and I had a chance to get back in at R107k this weekend but my greed backfired in my face... Waiting patiently on the sideline to get back in.... but seems unlikely
The best time to buy Bitcoin was 10 years back.

The second best time is NOW

Reactions: GAD

John Tempus

Expert Member
This whole article is crazy. Craig Wright and Calvin Ayre are orchestrating an attack on Bitcoin in front of our eyes.

EVERYONE should read this and digest what is happening.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-21/bitcoin-s-supposed-inventor-says-he-won-copyright-registration
Not really concerned.

If they end up really doing more than just puff smoke there will be actual huge bitcoin owners who will drag these wannabe-mafia-rich-guys through court for all their worth.

Ayre might be a low level billionaire and Craig Wright more than likely a pretentious rich guy but one thing is for sure there is many times over billionaires out there in crypto space including Binance/Bitmex/etc. who will completely destroy these goons in any court setting down to their last penny.

They will have to have more money than the rest of the big bitcoin owners and thankfully the crazy bunch are also the poor bunch in the crypto space for now.

Example it is stated Calvin Ayre is worth just over $1billion. Craig on the other than I doubt is even a real millionaire, everything about him is leveled to get the public to perceive him as wealthy but I doubt he got much of anything considering he wasn't even able to pay his Aussie taxes lmao. There is Bitmex traders who have higher networth than this and these traders are still dirt poor compared to Binance and many many other level headed cryptopians.