Bitcoin Thread - 2018

Thor

Honorary Master
BIT-COIN-EEEEEKTED

And this is why I hate these huge pumps, what goes up fast will come down even faster.
You could work from this as is or modify the underlying code to trigger alert when balance increase.

The code already consists of ability to check current balance so that would be your starting to point to modify the code to alert on balance increase.

https://github.com/Endogen/Telegram-Kraken-Bot
Do not enable API access to any of your primary exchange accounts.

Nearly all the hacks was due to API bugs or access security in client code.

phly

Expert Member
Got my full bear suit on. Trying to find some kind of a push back up but nothing.

Swa

Honorary Master
I actually took another look at that "shooting star" and it was actually a false signal that failed to play out at the time.

Thor

Honorary Master
I actually took another look at that "shooting star" and it was actually a false signal that failed to play out at the time.
Playing out perfectly.

It does not mean the next candle will be red. 1 candle does not a trend make.

Tjoker

Expert Member
This is my current scalping strategy. Have split my BTC across 3 accounts and am trading specific ranges with small amounts from each account. If the price moves out of a range I use the next account and keep the previous position open. Only using 10x leverage so the price would need to move about $800 before I need to add to it to save it.

So longing at the bottom of each range and shorting at the top. Except I think we might have a bigger move down at some point so I'm not longing above $5250. Also wont short with my last account unless it goes above $5400. This way I always have an account with which to trade the current smaller moves ($30/$50 moves)
You can call this the DSG gearbox trade strategy! :)

Swa

Honorary Master
"A shooting star is a bearish candlestick with a long upper shadow, little or no lower shadow, and a small real body near the low of the day. It appears after an uptrend. Said differently, a shooting star is a type of candlestick that forms when a security opens, advances significantly, but then closes the day near the open again."
A shooting star doesn't necessarily mean the price will fall. Traders will typically wait for the next trading period. If this period is bearish they may sell or short. If however it's bullish or doesn't fall the signal was false. We had a green candle directly after that with more bullish trading in the next period as well. Hindsight 20/20 as always.

Swa

Honorary Master
And nice reversal there. Support held and resistance was shattered. $11k here we come. :love:

Thor

Honorary Master
And nice reversal there. Support held and resistance was shattered. $11k here we come. :love:
Won't happen. $10500 (close) is the ceiling. We will see sub $8k
2019-07-18_17-54-32.png

Last edited:

John Tempus

Expert Member
I am not sure

10600 has been poked ... it is happening - at this rate we will be seeing 10800 today and I'll be exchanging my bear suit for a space suit.
You are more optimistic than me. Looks like support is atm stuck around $10670. To me this entire pump feels like a new dump cycle fueling period. Lets see what happens around 1-2am our time since this whole week there would be some recovery and then massive dumps early morning and after this 10% pump if there is a dump early morning it would be painful to watch if you are a bull.

phly

Expert Member
You are more optimistic than me. Looks like support is atm stuck around $10670. To me this entire pump feels like a new dump cycle fueling period. Lets see what happens around 1-2am our time since this whole week there would be some recovery and then massive dumps early morning and after this 10% pump if there is a dump early morning it would be painful to watch if you are a bull.
So you reckon it's a $1300 dead cat bounce?