Bitcoin Thread - 2018

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Looking at the action, I think an upward move is more likely in the next 2-4 hours. There's a high liquidity area at $10500 and $10640 in 2 hours. So target of about $10700. Can break through 4 resistances in one go so the price is more likely to hold afterwards. If I were a whale group, this is when I would pump it.

John Tempus

Expert Member
The computer says no. :p

On a more serious note, we are posting lower highs and lower lows. I think the overall trendline is definitely bearish at this point until something drastically changes.

In the short term there is obviously multiple scalping opportunities as it keeps within range channels but the current trendline suggests continuing lower lows to follow.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Wonder who fat-finger sold on Luno. Price wicked from R149k to R130k in one trade. Over 100btc volume. Other exchanges completely flat.

Swa

Honorary Master
Wonder who fat-finger sold on Luno. Price wicked from R149k to R130k in one trade. Over 100btc volume. Other exchanges completely flat.
And that is why I like to place an order a few k below or above the margin. A guaranteed win if someone takes it.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Must be all the sex trafficking drug money being liquidated according to USA financial intelligence. hahaha

Tjoker

Expert Member
1564089599138.png

Please tell me these shrinking decending channels means something good?

I was also expecting a proper breakout, but NO, we keep going down :(

John Tempus

Expert Member
View attachment 688663

Please tell me these shrinking decending channels means something good?

I was also expecting a proper breakout, but NO, we keep going down :(
Current trend is definitely down considering multiple lower highs with lower lows. That doesn't mean some manipulation wont occur where a big whale trade against the TA they created themself so TA or no TA anything is still possible. We are approaching the weekend which notoriously used to be the dump periods when we had lower lows during the week or pump period when we had higher highs during the week.

Of course if you are relying on higher prices then the same chart you posted is right now in a potential shoulder based on the W its drawing so it is possible that the right side is going to trigger upwards but I won't hold my breath because just as it went down in multiple stages on the left it might take multiple stages to recover back up on the right.

Swa

Honorary Master
I'm terribly tempted to sell down. But something about this just feels off like when the price went up while money was actually leaving the market I knew it was heading for a major fall. Now everything I see is the opposite like it's just a keg of lit black powder waiting to burst open.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Who keeps 100BTC on an exchange in any case?

Must have been a cash-out of some inheritance by a non-trader. I don't think there is any trader who will ever market sell that much in one go when they could have done it in portions over a few hours and got a couple million rands more.

L10Yn

Saw it just after it happened and saw that even asks on Luno were way lower than they should be just after. Could've bought some with fees and made a quick profit but I was so busy triple checking my calcs because I thought I must've been messing something up lol

4cer

Expert Member
saw a 4000 Btc sell wall on Binance about 20 minutes ago.

Some guys have big cash

Swa

Honorary Master
Not sure what that was exactly but seems we've had another rejection of sub $9500 levels.

John Tempus

Expert Member
For the few people who took me up on the offer, I will have the signaler registration up and running within the next 2 weeks then you will be able to register and give it a go.

I am working on a solution to transparently show active trading sessions for bystanders to observe every trade near real time as a fun experiment for people curious to see the running results. :)

Swa

Honorary Master
From bitmex:
Your withdrawal of 0.0830 XBT to mv4rnyY3Su5gjcDNzbMLKBQkBicCtHUtFB has been sent! You may track it on the following Block Explorers:
:oops:
This was weeks ago already and I just forgot about it when it wasn't happening.

John Tempus

Expert Member
From bitmex:

:oops:
This was weeks ago already and I just forgot about it when it wasn't happening.
Very weird. Ive never had bitmex miss withdrawal cutoff just before 3pm UTC+2.

Did you leave something out ? Bitcoin wallet cannot start without a number, it needs to have 1 or higher as first char.