Bitcoin Thread - 2018

Swa

Honorary Master
Not sure what you guys are looking at but Luno traded higher than international USD market before , during and now after the pump. I guess you guys expect 5-10%+ difference all the time but at the lowest it was still 2.5% higher price on luno converted to USD than international market. Right now Luno is still just under 5% higher than international market.
The premium is now at 3%. Was at under 2% at one point. When the Rand was under R14/$ it was trading ~7% higher consistently.

Swa

Honorary Master
20BTC sell wall on Luno taken in a blink as it hit $10,600.

phly

Expert Member
So Bitcoin decided nothing can hold it back and has been on a wild rally with no end in site. waited for a pump all morning - went to sleep at 1 and woke up to an even more pumped bitcoin. Volatility right now is crazy

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I think it will max out soon. Either now or between $12250 and $12370 where there is multiple fib levels. It's unlikely to turn exactly from the red line.

Reactions: Swa

Swa

Honorary Master
People going bananas again. Some saying $15k by the end of the week. Don't see that happening. We are still in the descending channel with $12k the new resistance.

John Tempus

Expert Member
I don't care much for where it peaks but I think this renewed run is due to monetary crisis unfolding internationally over the last week. Brexit issue again deadline soon. So I think there is a chance for this run to have more legs than previous run to near $14k.

If it does suddenly just break so be it but this looks a bit different to me.

Swa

Honorary Master
That wick from $10,950 to $10,850 caught me. All indication it was going to dump. Not so much mad that I didn't catch the extra run but that I couldn't get out at $11k and lost 2%. Oh well, at least made just over 15% from this run.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Looking at it on a clean chart and ignoring everything else, the push is very similar to the previous two parabolic ones. So could have another 3rd wave $1k push before correction to around $10800. It was easier the previous times though to keep pushing as it was making new highs. This time it's different although similar so far. Either way, the next move seems likely to be the good old pump and dump. Only question is if we are at there yet.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I think it will max out soon. Either now or between $12250 and $12370 where there is multiple fib levels. It's unlikely to turn exactly from the red line.

It's testing this region now. If it is the top there should be another blowoff above $12300 before quick move down. Got my shorts ready.

Zoomed out:

DjStyles

Expert Member
For the few people who took me up on the offer, I will have the signaler registration up and running within the next 2 weeks then you will be able to register and give it a go.

I am working on a solution to transparently show active trading sessions for bystanders to observe every trade near real time as a fun experiment for people curious to see the running results. :)
Look forward to trying it out

Tjoker

Expert Member
For the few people who took me up on the offer, I will have the signaler registration up and running within the next 2 weeks then you will be able to register and give it a go.

I am working on a solution to transparently show active trading sessions for bystanders to observe every trade near real time as a fun experiment for people curious to see the running results. :)
Looking forward to this!

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It's testing this region now. If it is the top there should be another blowoff above $12300 before quick move down. Got my shorts ready.

Those fibs did their job. I don't see it going back above $12200 now.

Tjoker

Expert Member

Zoomed out:

What a call!! That is super quick profit if you got the SHORT in! $12300 drop to just above $11600

phly

Expert Member
What a call!! That is super quick profit if you got the SHORT in! $12300 drop to just above $11600
It's either the shorts are paying the longs or the longs are paying the shorts. Think of it as a fee to keep your position open. You cannot change it or alter it. It's dynamically set to work that way as far as I know.

abcab

More luck than skill, but I got my short in at 12192, and closed it at 11666. Was not going to see my profit go to crap on a dead cat bounce. Hope I did mot get out to quick.

Where to from here? Another short?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Long interest rates being cleared out. Fibs or no fibs with interest rates at more than 0.10% this was expected to happen.

The main test for direction will come in at 2pm UTC+2 when interest period clears.

If you are patient and see interest rates an hour before its due sitting at 0.10% or higher it never disapoints to get out of long and wait until the interest rate closes.

John Tempus

Expert Member
It's either the shorts are paying the longs or the longs are paying the shorts. Think of it as a fee to keep your position open. You cannot change it or alter it. It's dynamically set to work that way as far as I know.
Basically they pool short and long positions together for total open interest and if short is 50c more than long positions, the shorts pay all the interest to longs and vica versa.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Basically they pool short and long positions together for total open interest and if short is 50c more than long positions, the shorts pay all the interest to longs and vica versa.
1565091324083.png
You talking about that 0.1157%?