Bitcoin Thread - 2018

John Tempus

Expert Member
Luno has a list but these might have been those linked to Payfast. Also old list.

https://www.luno.com/blog/en/post/south-africa-pay-with-bitcoin
Seriously tho if you want to spend BTC directly then just get hold of a crypto card. That is the only reasonable way to effectively spend crypto directly other than selling it back to your bank account and swiping your local card.

Spending crypto effectively is a long way off without these methods.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Seems like distribution is going on around here now. The last two days it pumped before daily close and then the close was the high of the next day. So the daily chart looks more bullish than it really is. It also looks like a big bullish triangle but when it broke out yesterday nothing much happened. So people are now just making their triangles bigger. Have seen this a few times where triangles keep being adjusted in shape and it never really breaks out big. So sideways in a range or dump is most likely for the next few days.

abcab

Bitfinex just dropped through my limit sell at 11700 so fast it did not execute.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Finally the direction has been chosen. Can maybe scalp some longs from around $11130 region as it might bounce a few times from there. Already got one scalp on Bitmex from $11122 to $11350. Now waiting again. I think it's more likely to go to around $10700/$10800 so will keep my short open and just scalp longs.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Bitfinex just dropped through my limit sell at 11700 so fast it did not execute.
Seriously do yourself a favor and never trade in the direction of the due interest when it is above default bitmex interest of 0.01% , this always happens against the direction leading up 1-2hrs before interest is due as I stated few post earlier.

The higher the interest direction that is due the more likely of a severe dump or pump in the opposite direction of the interest that is due.

People trading on bitfinex, trade on bitmex also and other exchanges so the movements will happen on all exchanges just use bitmex as your benchmark for which direction the **** will hit the fan.

The joke of it all without any trading knowledge and just patience you can make guaranteed profit on bitmex as long as you stick to it.

Wait for interest periods in the range of 0.05% or higher, an hour before interest is due open your trade in the opposite direction and close the trade after the interest paying window closes.

Zero technical skills required except patience because some weeks there is no interest this high and other weeks it is every single interest period this high.

abcab

I had a long and short order in on bitfinex and bybit for virtually the same positions to pick up a stoopid shunt like this for 2 days now. At least on Bybit my order was filled, and the target hit. Bitfinex just sent me my alarms of levels being hit. Got all exited in the middle of the shopping mall. Wanted to go put my SL in, and found that it had just blown through my order.

phly

Expert Member
I had a long and short order in on bitfinex and bybit for virtually the same positions to pick up a stoopid shunt like this for 2 days now. At least on Bybit my order was filled, and the target hit. Bitfinex just sent me my alarms of levels being hit. Got all exited in the middle of the shopping mall. Wanted to go put my SL in, and found that it had just blown through my order.
Just out of curiosity - how are you finding bybit?

abcab

Just started a few days ago. Interface is nice and easy for a noob like me to use.

phly

Expert Member
Just started a few days ago. Interface is nice and easy for a noob like me to use.
I like it too - quite cool as well. Just waiting for the tradingview trading facility and i'm all set and hopefully it'll become my standard trading site. Was just wondering if i was the only one that actually finds it cool but good to know others share my sentiments as well.

Thanks

abcab

I'm a total noob, and this is my first time I cant go back to stable coin. Trying to get a handle on that.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It's in the decision zone. This is where the bullish trend we've had for a a couple weeks can end and the bearish trend take over. Pierced the crossover of multiple fibs and diagonal support almost exactly. So think the aim is to go lower after a dead cat bounce or two.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It's probably close to a temporary bottom for now. Given that it's Bitcoin, it might do something crazy like this. Sideways, then $1000 pump to about $11300/$11350.

Swa

Honorary Master
It's trying to break the $10100 resistance/support. Indications are it will likely be successful and end up at $9400 again.