Bitcoin Thread - 2018

phly

Expert Member
The noise aka chop got me twice today. So I am sitting on my hands as punishment. In other interesting news - seems like tradingview has decided to implement a chat/conversation feature on their site. I don't know who suggested that extra noise is a good idea but we now have it. Luckily one can switch away from it and completely ignore it.

Swa

Honorary Master
For some reason things still look bearish to me. This was most likely just the rebound from last week's big fall. I'm surprised we got to $11k without any momentum.

phly

Expert Member
That's what makes bitcoin interesting - volatility aside, no one really knows what moves it. Fundamentals bounce of it like rain drops. However it still somewhat follows TA to a certain extent then throws a curve ball every now and then.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Trade for today is wait with a short in the red bubble and long in the green bubble. Ignoring the noise in-between.

Short trade target hit. Got the top on Bitmex at $10829. There may be a bit of noise around $10800 so will wait things to settle before placing a stop in profit.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Worked out fairly well. Still have the short open but I think $10300 is worth a long. So have also longed here now.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Think the next move is to around $10550. There is a volume gap there which often acts like a vacuum for the price and it's also expected to be the next main resistance zone. So will hold a long for now and look to short around there.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Forgive me if I have asked you this before. Have you actually bought anything with your bitcoin profits?

Sensorei

Expert Member
I remember back in late 2017 I was car shopping and there were quite a few of people selling their cars on autotrader and gumtree who were willing to accept BTC. Now, not one person. Only the odd harley or laptop.

Swa

Honorary Master
I remember back in late 2017 I was car shopping and there were quite a few of people selling their cars on autotrader and gumtree who were willing to accept BTC. Now, not one person. Only the odd harley or laptop.
Yeah it was the get rich quick thing. Now after the 2018 crash it seems people have realised that the from $10k to $1m may not be such a sure thing as the $1 to $10k.

That's the problem with fomo. Once you can see it it's already too late to get in.

phly

Expert Member
I would still gladly accept bitcoin even this day. Maybe some of us are more optimistic about the future. With all the trade wars turning to currency wars, talks of global recession and all else that is going on in the world. I still chose Bitcoin. Not saying we will not drop and that it will also not lose value as weeks go by but its the one hedge I am most optimistic about.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Are you asking someone specific? I'm sure there are people that have bought cars and houses with their profits.
Yes and no. I'm asking specifically here if anyone (i.e. generally) has actually bought anything physical with the profits that are claimed.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yes and no. I'm asking specifically here if anyone (i.e. generally) has actually bought anything physical with the profits that are claimed.
Nothing physical. Bought a few (500+) games I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. The irony is if I didn't buy 70% of those I could have bought the graphics card to actually be able to play them. :ROFL:

netcruiser

I am not disputing that. I am just asking who has actually bought anything real with their BC profits. Why is it such a difficult question?
Not a difficult question. You just don't want to believe the replies you get.