Bitcoin Thread - 2018

Salt

Expert Member
OK...just from basic reading it seems the price is down considerably from where is was Q3 last year so thought maybe now is a good time to buy. Just asking for advice, I really don't know much.

Swa

Honorary Master
OK...just from basic reading it seems the price is down considerably from where is was Q3 last year so thought maybe now is a good time to buy. Just asking for advice, I really don't know much.
It's also up considerably from where it was a month ago. If you're hodling and are prepared to wait for a recovery if it goes down again then be everyone's guest. But then this was the thinking 2 years ago where in all that time it hasn't recovered. Nobody can or will give you advice on when to buy unless they're hodlers that don't care about the price.

John Tempus

Expert Member
So is anyone going to comment on who might be pumping BitcoinSV the last couple of days.

This is bizarro, nothing fundamentally changed and out of the blue BitcoinSV is suddenly pushing 100% up today, why do I have this feeling its going to crash so hard after this pump slows down.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It's holding above the fibs for a few hours so looks like another leg up is coming today. There's also a convergence of three resistances at $8820/$8850 today. Chances are this is the target that whales/groups have chosen to pump through. Have seen it many times over the last couple years.

Hit the sweet spot now. Momentum should help keep it going to about $9180 but this is the make or break zone. I've closed longs though for now. Some I've been holding for 2 months.

Swa

Honorary Master
Last $100 pump rejected. If this one gets rejected it's going down.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Looks like fibs were too much resistance. I don't think this is over as yet though as it is too obvious a top. When BTC goes up like this there's at least one more round up even if bear trend begins straight after. So I think it will hit $9400/$9500 in the next few days.

Looking at 2 years of data, there's always at least one more pump through the top:

Last edited:

Weasley

Expert Member
For me the bull run has begun as most alts are also going up against btc. To me I think most investors need to by btc to then buy there alts. and if that the case I do not see btc going down anytime soon. What do you guys think?

Swa

Honorary Master
The market is still bearish. I think the only reason it's managed this is due to low volumes and traders sitting it out so it becomes much easier for one or two guys to pump. Not even this so-called "bull run" is changing the sentiment yet.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
For me the bull run has begun as most alts are also going up against btc. To me I think most investors need to by btc to then buy there alts. and if that the case I do not see btc going down anytime soon. What do you guys think?

Yeah, alts tend to give the market cap they gain back to BTC. So BTC might keep going even when the alts calm down and dump.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Think the next time it goes to $8900 it will go straight to $9200. Resistance should be weak by now with so many tests.

Bull flag with like so. Two bottoms/dips is usually the max.

Salt

Expert Member
Thanks everyone for the info, appreciate. Still not sure what to do hahahaha :)