Bitcoin Thread - 2018

phly

Expert Member
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.15.46 PM.png

Unpredictable poetry in action. 9500 target reached - it can now do whatever it wants to. $10100 range is almost guaranteed and I will not be surprised when we eventually kiss $11200. Once again, watching to see how it all unfolds and how we get there :)

Swa

Honorary Master
It seems to be having an awfully hard time getting through the resistance. See this is what bothers me. Volumes are thin and all over the place there are indicators of people retreating from the market. Yet the few that keep pushing it can't even get through the weak resistances without multiple tries. It can easily be dumped and there's nothing keeping it from falling all the way through to the major resistance at $6400. The only thing keeping it up is the gold price support from the corona virus.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
The Rand took a hit today so I happened to look at the ZAR vs USD chart. Noticed some very familiar price action. A lot of it looks like what BTC is doing.

ZAR vs USD:

BTC vs USD:

If this were to keep repeating, BTC would go a little higher to between $9600 and $10500, then drop to around $7700 before eventually going up further to $12k before falling again to $7700

Swa

Honorary Master
The Rand took a hit today so I happened to look at the ZAR vs USD chart. Noticed some very familiar price action. A lot of it looks like what BTC is doing.

ZAR vs USD:

BTC vs USD:

If this were to keep repeating, BTC would go a little higher to between $9600 and $10500, then drop to around $7700 before eventually going up further to $12k before falling again to $7700
It's not really a surprise. Rand has predicable action against the gold price. Bitcoin has predicable action against the gold price.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
It's not really a surprise. Rand has predicable action against the gold price. Bitcoin has predicable action against the gold price.
Those are not overlapping time periods. BTC chart is about 1yr delayed but the timing of each move is quite similar in terms of months for each section.

phly

Expert Member
Unpredictable poetry in action. 9500 target reached - it can now do whatever it wants to. $10100 range is almost guaranteed and I will not be surprised when we eventually kiss $11200. Once again, watching to see how it all unfolds and how we get there :)
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 11.23.57 AM.png

10100 range touched - nice.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Thread is very quiet since the pumping...where all the bulls at?

Are we in for healthy correction here before heading back up?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Im curious to see what the mysterious PlusToken 12K+ BTC move turns into. I don't think this recent move have been dumped completely yet so there might be a real big dump coming since we are above $10k again similar to how the same goons seem to have been involved in orchestrating the big dump from previous $14k pump.

S.Claus

I know it’s mean to wish for a bit of a BTC dump but I really want to pickup some Altcoins (a few rands make a massive difference)

Swa

Honorary Master
Im curious to see what the mysterious PlusToken 12K+ BTC move turns into. I don't think this recent move have been dumped completely yet so there might be a real big dump coming since we are above $10k again similar to how the same goons seem to have been involved in orchestrating the big dump from previous $14k pump.
Me too. There's still a sentiment that $4100 needs to be tested again because every time it was it failed and the last time it went up through there it just kept pumping to $14k without stopping to test any resistance again. Might be that $6400 is our current bottom but if it fails we could easily end up at $3100 again.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Me too. There's still a sentiment that $4100 needs to be tested again because every time it was it failed and the last time it went up through there it just kept pumping to $14k without stopping to test any resistance again. Might be that $6400 is our current bottom but if it fails we could easily end up at $3100 again.
The pump and possibility of a retrace dump is really a coinflip up until the halving at this point. There is a good enough argument that we are starting to see a FOMO across all coins probably right up to or just before the halving or these PlusToken and possibly other scams might use this FOMO to do a massive market dump somewhere in the middle.

Eitherway the next 80days should be really interesting.

It is likely going to be some sort of open dump season at least after the halving where everyone would use that price as possible top after this pump and take profit.

This is my view on what might be happening right now.

On the other side of the coin, if we don't see any big dump with the run up of the halving over next 80days and we just keep going up slowly then the odds are pretty damn good of a new ATH by the time we get to halving. If we dont have a big dump after halving then the FOMO pump could go into overdrive way more than any previous pump as people see a high price and no correlated dump occurring so we got 80days countdown to interesting scenarios.