Bitcoin Thread - 2018

Snyper564

Executive Member
Is there an app that can send you a notification when it drops below a certain level ? If it starts to dive want to sell some before it hits bottom
this is going to cause you to lose a lot, btc drops like a rock when it falls rather create a sell order and leave it

saor

Honorary Master
this is going to cause you to lose a lot, btc drops like a rock when it falls rather create a sell order and leave it
This. There's apps like blockfolio and delta that let you set up price alerts, but if your intention is to buy or sell at a certain price then rather create a limit / stop loss order that automatically executes the trade at your specified price.

L-Dog

Expert Member
If I create a sell order for say R 185 000 wont it sell immediately because the price is above R 185 000, I want to sell if it drops below R 185 000?

Snyper564

Executive Member
If I create a sell order for say R 185 000 wont it sell immediately because the price is above R 185 000, I want to sell if it drops below R 185 000?
decide your peak and place the order i have seen btc drop 10s of thousands in minutes

Black thursday for example over 3k usd in less than an hour

1595920309970.png

saor

Honorary Master
Quite sure Luno implemented stop loss orders. You specify a price at which to sell and the order only goes into the order book once that price is reached.

Edit: This email from a while back:

Lino.png

L-Dog

Expert Member
this feature fails sometimes on big exchanges esp when things move quickly
It is not available on the app but found it when using my pc under the exchange section. Put in two orders on bitocin and etherium the fees also seem to be less at 1% compared to 2% on the app.

Its not massive amounts of money so will give it a try an hopefully it works.

Nimz

Executive Member
these levels are not sustainable it is going to fall back into the 9000s within the next 10 days i think
Don't know if I should pull out now and put it towards my bond to kill of the interest or hold out longer :unsure:

Snyper564

Executive Member
Don't know if I should pull out now and put it towards my bond to kill of the interest or hold out longer :unsure:
you need to make that call, dont let greed cloud your judgement

looking at valrs order book there are massive gaps between 187 185 and 181

L-Dog

Expert Member
this feature fails sometimes on big exchanges esp when things move quickly
I see both my sell actions triggered but did not sell, guess there was no market. Will wait to see if my alerts are also triggered later

John Tempus

Expert Member
It is not available on the app but found it when using my pc under the exchange section. Put in two orders on bitocin and etherium the fees also seem to be less at 1% compared to 2% on the app.

Its not massive amounts of money so will give it a try an hopefully it works.
The 2% fee on app or website is off-exchange ie. Luno the company quote you a guaranteed price and they profit the difference in what actually gets executed on the exchange.

On the website and on the app a market buy on the actual exchange is 1%, there is no difference. A limit buy is 0% also on both.