Bitcoin Thread - 2018

Swa

Honorary Master
Everyone says it's supposed to come back down.. Yet here we are
It always does. Everyone was right when it dumped from 20k and everyone was right when it dumped from 14k.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I'm still calling 9500 within 7 days the price has a massive range at the moment. I don't mind either so so bring whatever #justmy2sats

phly

Expert Member
I have been resisting posting. Easy to fall into the trap thinking one is always right and that can be costly. I see one more spike up and then see if we shoot higher or drop lower. Sitting back and watching it all.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I sold to early but atleast made something, and needed the cash again. But hopefully the big dump follows to buy in again

John Tempus

Expert Member
I think the $12k dump is associated with a crapton of overleveraged longs that had their positions open over all the cycles of interest funding and when the target of $12k got breached they prob figured its time to get out of my long position and sold just enough to trigger the liquidation engine to go nuts.

Last edited:

Midnights_Ghost

I sold at 210k. I will wait a few days before getting back in.

I sold my ETH way too early though. I sold at 4750. I didnt expect it to break the 5k mark. Once it did, it went straight up to 7k and didnt drop down yet but I made some good returns on that. I bought in at around 2k

John Tempus

Expert Member
still calling 9500 within 7 days
I would have thought that up until the recently interest funding clearing with that dump.

Now the main question is if the long interest start to stack again and it is starting to look like that and the price keeps hovering around 11k then I do believe another 10%+ flash crash could come in next week for sure.

Snyper564

Executive Member
On a sad side note dont forget first provisional due month end to those of us making profits in this space

John Tempus

Expert Member
On a sad side note dont forget first provisional due month end to those of us making profits in this space
Dont cashout. Or better yet, do not trade between ZAR/USD pairs. This is why trading on something like bitmex derivatives where your balance go up/down in BTC only is non taxable even if you want to be 100% tax compliant.

The taxation only applies once you liquidate BTC to ZAR in this case.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Dont cashout. Or better yet, do not trade between ZAR/USD pairs. This is why trading on something like bitmex derivatives where your balance go up/down in BTC only is non taxable even if you want to be 100% tax compliant.

The taxation only applies once you liquidate BTC to ZAR in this case.
oh yes def only when you cash out, sorry i should have been clearer.

John Tempus

Expert Member
oh yes def only when you cash out, sorry i should have been clearer.
Just to make it super clear. If you are trading BTC/ZAR or BTC/USD or any CRYPTO/ZAR pair that the moment you sell BTC back to ZAR and then buy with ZAR back into BTC the value moving from BTC to ZAR is taxable on capital gains if any gains were achieved on the movement.

Anyone trading longterm in BTC should consider derivative platforms where their capital remains in a crypto asset at all times to avoid capital gains at least until/if they decide to make Crypto directly taxable in itself which would be incredibly hard to do so i doubt this would ever happen.

If you have no interest in leveraged trading then just stick to 1x leverage if you decide to "buy" ie. go long. If you decide to not be in a position then just exit the Long and sit on the BTC balance until you feel you need to go Long again. If you get more experience then you can also start to work on going the sell direction ie. 1x Short. This is the safest non capital gains way to increase your BTC holdings without dealing with taxable fiat.