Bitcoin Thread - 2018

callvm

I don't know how it looked when you posted but I haven't seen any huge spreads. Whenever there's a big spread though it's because the price has been stagnant and the market is divided on whether there's going to be a huge dip or a huge pump.

They seem to be back now. Luno was at 179,400, VALR had massive drops to 170,000. Could have been a bot glitching, the selling was relentless

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 47

John Tempus

Expert Member
They seem to be back now. Luno was at 179,400, VALR had massive drops to 170,000. Could have been a bot glitching, the selling was relentless

Looks like VALR still have weak orderbook sizes for that R10k drop to happen like that with reasonably decent volume for an SA bitcoin exchange.

callvm

Looks like VALR still have weak orderbook sizes for that R10k drop to happen like that with reasonably decent volume for an SA bitcoin exchange.

Usually there's about 10-30 BTC on either side of the books - but this evening they disappeared for a little while and anyone market selling was dumping deep into order books. They seem to be back now, 28 BTC on buy side

Swa

Honorary Master
Ah, that regularly happens on Valr especially when someone does a big dump or buy. It can take a while before the order book starts to fill again and meanwhile people keep dumping into that void.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Ah, that regularly happens on Valr especially when someone does a big dump or buy. It can take a while before the order book starts to fill again and meanwhile people keep dumping into that void.
Haha that's how that 500 rand btc was bought early this year

Reactions: Swa

John Tempus

Expert Member
Do we have liftoff?

Only lift off is on yearn.finance looking to regain its ATH around $39k. We are in a cycle of BS coins/tokens spiking up and down. I think it is going to be a hard couple of weeks for actual master coins that might just flip flop around.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Open invitation to the first 5 people who want to give my trading logic a try since I only have 5 alertatron trading group accounts available to test this.

No cost to anyone willing to give it a bash.

I am using alertatron trading groups feature to push my logic to your own trading accounts so you also don't need any alertatron account to give this a whirl and have full control over your own trading account ie. I dont have or need any access to your trading account which remains under your full control.

PM me if you are keen and ill provide more info but its pretty straight forward to get going.

Wary GOM

Open invitation to the first 5 people who want to give my trading logic a try since I only have 5 alertatron trading group accounts available to test this.

I am using alertatron trading groups feature to push my logic to your own trading accounts so you also don't need any alertatron account to give this a whirl and have full control over your own trading account ie. I dont have or need any access to your trading account which remains under your full control.

PM me if you are keen and ill provide more info but its pretty straight forward to get going.
I would love to take up your offer but I am so completely new to crypto (and a rank beginner even with fiat forex) that is would be wasting a place of someone who would get and give better value.

I would like to follow this thread, though. Looks like I will be able to get a huge amount of value. I hope that is OK?

John Tempus

Expert Member
I would love to take up your offer but I am so completely new to crypto (and a rank beginner even with fiat forex) that is would be wasting a place of someone who would get and give better value.

I would like to follow this thread, though. Looks like I will be able to get a huge amount of value. I hope that is OK?

You really don't need to know much about crypto and the little you might want to know you can pickup quickly.

If you are interested drop me PM and ill give you telegram invite where you can ask me whatever questions you might have or just sit in the channel and pickup from the discussions.

John Tempus

Expert Member

Just a heads up for anyone who have been on the fence. I have opened up more spots for more users to get on board. If you are interested drop me a PM so I can give you the telegram invite link, feel free to ask other users who have been active on it for the last week about their experience or simply ask questions you might have.