Bitcoin Thread

saor

Honorary Master
Alt day :).

gt.png

Be cool if this market is actually gonna start swinging up & sustain for a few months.

Last edited:

PDF_27

I would put that into Cardano, currently the 6th largest coin by market cap. Coinbase's listing is coming soon (largest exchange in America) and Goguen mainnet is an upcoming Cardano project set to release in Q2 of this year which will allow smart contracts to run on top of the Cardano blockchain. This should attract developers and investors and really boost the price. This coin has already done a 3x since the start of the year.

I am not a financial advisor, but this is what I would do. Always remember to do your own research.
Any particular trading app/site that you would recommend to buy Cardano?

saor

Honorary Master
Binance for almost anything altcoin. The volumes are just way higher than any local exchange. Local is fine for BTC, ETH.

PDF_27

Binance for almost anything altcoin. The volumes are just way higher than any local exchange. Local is fine for BTC, ETH.
Ive been suggested AltCoinTrader from a friend... Whats your take on it?
Im only familiar with Luno

Nimz

Executive Member
I use VALR.com for Cardano (ADA)

Don't trade so volume is irrelevant for me right now

My referral link - valr.com

saor

Honorary Master
Ive been suggested AltCoinTrader from a friend... Whats your take on it?
Im only familiar with Luno
Not sure what size orders you're gonna place or how you plan to trade or if you just want to buy and hold. If just buy and hold, altcointrader is probably fine (or VALR as per @Nimz suggestion, would prefer VALR over altcointrader), but for trading...Binance.

Just look at the difference in trading volume on altcointrader for Cardano...

1.png

vs on Binance. Both the USDT and BTC trading pairs are way, way higher.

2.png

And an obligatory binance referral link.
https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=BNX5OUC4

PDF_27

T
Not sure what size orders you're gonna place or how you plan to trade or if you just want to buy and hold. If just buy and hold, altcointrader is probably fine (or VALR as per @Nimz suggestion, would prefer VALR over altcointrader), but for trading...Binance.

Just look at the difference in trading volume on altcointrader for Cardano...

View attachment 1011970

vs on Binance. Both the USDT and BTC trading pairs are way, way higher.

View attachment 1011972

And an obligatory binance referral link.
https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=BNX5OUC4

Thanks for the info. I will definitely use your referral links to whichever I join. I don't plan on trading. Its a buy and hold situation and maybe sometime in the future I will withdraw.

A big thing for me is instant deposit. FNB isn't playing nice lately with crypto and I don't want to have to wait 3/4 days for my money to reflect in the wallet as well as withdraw

Lefty309

I recommend using an international exchange like Binance. Binance is the largest exchange in the world so you don't have to worry about low liquidity issues. They also offer a greater selection than South African exchanges which means you'd be ahead of the game in buying crypto at lower prices. This is important when you consider Binance banned the US last year which pushed a lot of Americans over to Coinbase exchange. Coinbase doesn't have as great a variety, they don't even have Cardano yet so one can expect the price to shoot up when it eventually does release on there. The same can be said for other coins.

Trading fees on Binance are also typically lower at 0.1% and can be reduced when you pay the fee using Binance's native coin, BNB, which reduces fees down to 0.075%. This can further be reduced when you sign up using someone's referral code. Sign up using the link below to get 10% off the above fees:

Belix

Last I sent FNB to Luno was September, I used immediate payment (pay and clear now), and funds reflected in Luno less than 30 mins later. Perhaps FNB have put some restriction in since then though...
Will try it now to see...

PDF_27

Last I sent FNB to Luno was September, I used immediate payment (pay and clear now), and funds reflected in Luno less than 30 mins later. Perhaps FNB have put some restriction in since then though...
Will try it now to see...
FNB clients can no longer use instant "Pay U" option provided on Luno, only eft which apparently is being delayed.

Belix

No I sent instant payment from FNB itself.
The payment I just made has cleared in Luno and is showing in the ZAR wallet, so that was 10 minutes or so.

PDF_27

No I sent instant payment from FNB itself.
The payment I just made has cleared in Luno and is showing in the ZAR wallet, so that was 10 minutes or so.
Thanks, will be sure to use "pay and clear" going forward

petum

Anyone use blockfi?

6% interest in btc.

Safe?

Last edited:

petum

The verifying takes awhile.

Why wouldn't you do it?

saor

Honorary Master
The verifying takes awhile.. But it's legit..

Why wouldn't you do it?
Ja ok so you've figured out the referral link. Please chill now with the spam or go make a thread about it pls. Don't need to get into a whole specific btc investment scheme discussion in this thread.

petum

Sorry man. Battling with tapatalk.

And was a legit question...

Anywho... To the mooooon.

What a great day