Bitcoin Thread

Wary GOM

Expert Member
All fair points.

I'm quite happy to NOT have those hedge investors involved in BTC anymore...even if that means a lower or slower BTC price, as long as it removes the volatility that they've introduced.

Cutting the fat off means it can run without the FUD holding it back.
Absolutely right. Crypto markets are quite volatile enough with hedge funds doing their dances around finances.

L10Yn

silly question but one that has been on my mind recently. Since Bitcoin is essentially just software, what happens in a bug is introduced. For example something that allows a double spend or when the time comes new Bitcoin still being mined after 21 million are mined. Since there's no way to fully test if the 21 million cap will work as intended ahead of time.

johnjm

Expert Member
silly question but one that has been on my mind recently. Since Bitcoin is essentially just software, what happens in a bug is introduced. For example something that allows a double spend or when the time comes new Bitcoin still being mined after 21 million are mined. Since there's no way to fully test if the 21 million cap will work as intended ahead of time.

There’s at least 20 years until bitcoins reach its max.

Lot of time to determine a new fee based reward system if that is the case. Who knows.

Thor

Honorary Master
Busy converting the price data to be sourced over a chainlink oracle.

Wanted the assets to work over filecoin, but their SDK is kak so looking at alternatives.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
silly question but one that has been on my mind recently. Since Bitcoin is essentially just software, what happens in a bug is introduced
could in theory be catastrophic, the likelihood of it happening with thousands of independent developers working on it is quite low ... the power of open source

new Bitcoin still being mined after 21 million are mined. Since there's no way to fully test if the 21 million cap will work as intended ahead of time.
should be impossible, like adding up the angles of a triangle and getting something other than 180 ... it would break mathematical law

L10Yn

The 21 million was just an example of something that may not have worked as expected but there's many things that could go wrong. I found these 2 articles here

The Voice

Honorary Master
I am more curious about that bottom right "queer pride" flag used inside a news column.

Is media so woke now that they have to actually throw sht like that inside their news coverage even though it has sweet fkall to do with financial news.
Pandering. Pride = $. They don't ACTUALLY give a ****.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
They will fork a solution

L10Yn

Yes but what happens if you already received one of these stolen coins from loopholes in the code allowing more coins to be created for example