Bitcoin Thread

So its really 50/50
i think you can deploy X% of your capital here and put a buy order with the remaining cash around 40K
if we dip, you will be mad you buy 50k, but you will be happy you get a chance to reduce your cost basis.
if we dont dip, you will NOT be mad that you lost the opportunity to buy 50K

in other words
current price 50K
buy target 40K, a 20% price drop.
if the elusive crash dosent come, where is your next area of interest?
the ATH pull back? we go to 68K and do a 15% drop to 58K?
or maybe we get two 15% drops in a row and pull back to 50K
just think which is more likely to happen: up or down
now if we consider the confluence of headwinds (blackrock & fidelity buying, halving, macro policy, US election, AI boom & attention economy...)
the maths becomes easier

Every crypto bro is giving the same marketing presentation. FYI, I’m buying because the memes are good.

I'm so ****ing pissed off right now. Everyone is making money. My brother, my mother, my dad - but me, I'm still on the f-ing sidelines. I saw the dip yesterday, thought maybe when I wake up this morning it would have gone lower but no, it went back to the highs and another opportunity lost.

I could have made like a R50K profit after so many opportunities blown. So I don't know if I go all in, risky, and make a few thousand or does bitcoin tank and go way down. I don't know. But I'm not happy right now, because I'm not making any money here.

I'm so ****ing pissed off right now. Everyone is making money. My brother, my mother, my dad - but me, I'm still on the f-ing sidelines. I saw the dip yesterday, thought maybe when I wake up this morning it would have gone lower but no, it went back to the highs and another opportunity lost.

I could have made like a R50K profit after so many opportunities blown. So I don't know if I go all in, risky, and make a few thousand or does bitcoin tank and go way down. I don't know. But I'm not happy right now, because I'm not making any money here.

There will be many more highs and lows. It you are looking to hold when you buy doesn't really matter, if you are trading wait for BTC to become oversold the buy.

ETF inflows has been high and halving is bulish so I can't say it will only go up but should be higher this time next year

I could have made like a R50K profit after so many opportunities blown.
There's no such thing as "I could've...". The only time you get to reflect on what the market did is once you've made a trade. But this is why I don't bother with BTC and trade alts only - they have bigger highs / lows which makes deciding on an entry point a bit easier and they typically make bigger % moves than bitcoin. You can also look through hundreds of various alts for opportunities rather than waiting for BTC to do something that looks favorable to you as an entry point.

Which banks are you guys using for Arbitrage now? My Nedbank account is going to get closed soon, seems like the banks here do not like us investing in crypto.

Which banks are you guys using for Arbitrage now? My Nedbank account is going to get closed soon, seems like the banks here do not like us investing in crypto.
What does arbitrage have to do with it?

There's no such thing as "I could've...". The only time you get to reflect on what the market did is once you've made a trade. But this is why I don't bother with BTC and trade alts only - they have bigger highs / lows which makes deciding on an entry point a bit easier and they typically make bigger % moves than bitcoin. You can also look through hundreds of various alts for opportunities rather than waiting for BTC to do something that looks favorable to you as an entry point.
Everyone and their mama keeps talking about this prehalving correction that could take us to below $40K before the "real" bullmarket begins.

I foolishly waited thinking this was/is going to happen but meanwhile I'm just an idiot who lost making serious gains.

There will be many more highs and lows. It you are looking to hold when you buy doesn't really matter, if you are trading wait for BTC to become oversold the buy.

ETF inflows has been high and halving is bulish so I can't say it will only go up but should be higher this time next year
Yes but will there be a correction before the halving? Maybe? I have 2 months to go to deploy my money bags into bitcoin. It would be pretty funny if it just keeps going up and there is no correction which is what the youtubers keep saying. Last chance, last warning, blah blah blah.

Yes but will there be a correction before the halving? Maybe? I have 2 months to go to deploy my money bags into bitcoin. It would be pretty funny if it just keeps going up and there is no correction which is what the youtubers keep saying. Last chance, last warning, blah blah blah.

No one knows if there will be a correction, why do you only have 2 months ? BTC is pumping now so I would wait for a small pull back but if you are a long term holder doesn't really matter if you buy at 48k, 50k or 55k

Typically the likes of Mercantile or Investec.

Also arb is poop at the moment wasnt to bad in Jan now its neg at most times of the day. Also TCCs take longer than ever to obtain never been this slow before.

1707921176989.png

and now its positive :p

1707921340439.png

No one knows if there will be a correction, why do you only have 2 months ? BTC is pumping now so I would wait for a small pull back but if you are a long term holder doesn't really matter if you buy at 48k, 50k or 55k
What is long term? 1 year? Because if so then I guess I'll be in for about a year +-.

Can anyone give me advice on how to dollar cost average properly? I know you are supposed to take away the emotion but damn that's difficult. It's basically my savings.

Back