Bitcoin touches R1 million in overnight trade

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Bitcoin hits R1 million

The value of bitcoin passed the R1 million milestone on South African cryptocurrency exchanges Luno, Valr, and AltCoinTrader in the early hours of Monday morning.

It comes as the price of bitcoin surged overnight from under $62,000 to over $65,500.

that nice round price point clearly triggered a bunch of limit orders though, the millisecond it touched 1mil there was an immediate small sell-off

so it touched 1mil, but didn't "break" 1 mil

that nice round price point clearly triggered a bunch of limit orders though, the millisecond it touched 1mil there was an immediate small sell-off

In South africa only? Not sure that the rest of the world cares.

Yeah last week or so I checked and there was like 35 BTC queued for sale at 1,000,000 on Luno so was waiting for exactly this to happen.

Know nothing about Bitcoin, BUT I have a 'feeling in my water' this may be the future of money....

all it takes is one little virus to be impregnated on Physical Paper Money, and the Cryptocurrency boom will really take off.
Virus impregnation like is the case in the video game: 'The Division' which I've played for 1,000's of hrs and still do...

Virus impregnation like is the case in the video game: 'The Division' which I've played for 1,000's of hrs and still do...
that's why I mentioned it,
if Covid was so successful as a beta test, who knows what crazy variants of Flu viruses they Cooking up in those Labs,
Sterilize people, impregnate surfaces? the sky is the limit.
it just might be they succeed and make all paper Money Toxic, and the only way to transact is to use digital tokens and QR codes generated online.

I wouldn't rule it past the powers that be for them to create a "crisis" that propels a invention of theirs to the forefront.
maybe not Bitcoin, but a National blockchain or E-Rand?

Back