Black Business Council calls for De Ruyter's head

Moosedrool

Executive Member
The Black Business Council says the time has come for President Cyril Ramaphosa to get rid of Eskom CEO Andre de Ruyter because he has simply failed to deliver.
The council says black businesses are suffering under the dreadful rolling blackouts that only seem to go from bad to worse.
Eskom has escalated blackouts to Stage 6 until midnight.

Stage 4 will then be implemented from midnight until 5am on Friday.
Stage 6 will make a comeback from 5am until midnight on Friday
The struggling utility says it's still unable to return some generators to service.

My question is if he tried to push for the privatisation of energy supply?

Last edited:

Neptuner

Expert Member
When will they be asking for Gwede’s stomach?

I knew when he rolled out the Just Energy Transition in Eskom he was going to rub Gwede’s stomach the wrong way. Getting rid of Andre is top priority now.

Thats whats happening.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The same business council which meets with Ramaphosa and renewed the BBBEE committee to strengthen black representation in the economy. Seems on que.

Perhaps Eskom needs a new CEO. Not because de Ruyter, but to settle this equilibrium some are challenged with.

These strikes are odd, NUM is still not taking any responsibility, and they have distanced themselves again come to the wage proposition tabled by Eskom. There is something brewing here, and Eskom's executive isn't in control.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Privatisation of the energy sector is already happening and inevitable. It will be fast tracked once the transmission company is established. So yes Andre is overseeing this happens.
Much easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Do I like load shedding? No.
Do I like stage 6 darkness? Nope.
Do I like having 2 consecutive 2 hour slots of blackout from 4pm to 8.30pm? Definitely no.
Do I want a different CEO at the helm of Eskum? Absolutely not.

This is a legacy issue. The current CEO did not create the issues that exist. I see this as the BBC trying to score cheap shots. Perhaps they should be looking at the current unprotected strike action and who got Eskum into the current deep black hole. Definitely not Ruyter. Blinkers galore with this statement!

Putrid swine!

JSRJJ

Hi Black Business Council.

Didn't all the black prospects turn the job down and Andre was the only one left?

So, who is suddenly putting their hand up now to take over?
There must be that one ****er who is just waiting to take over to fill his own buckets. Thanks to All Nice Children Cadre deployments