Black First Land First slogan found to be hate speech

Cray

Honorary Master
So will the BLF even abide by the decision given there disdain for past court decisions...

Cray

Honorary Master
Hope they appeal this. How can expressing the desperation of our needs, the needs of the people, be seen as hate speech?
It's the "death" part, it comes across as "Give us land or we will get violent"...

Solitude

Expert Member
Yes, but it shows the desperation for dignity that comes with our land that was stolen. It is not a call for war. Damn.... the ANC calls for killing the Boer and killing the Farmer and that is not considered hate speech. Double standards.
With the R300 billion that was squandered by the ANC, they could have bought all the land back easy peasy.

Anti-Chris

Yes, but it shows the desperation for dignity that comes with our land that was stolen. It is not a call for war. Damn.... the ANC calls for killing the Boer and killing the Farmer and that is not considered hate speech. Double standards.
Your land was stolen? Wow, how did they manage that? You did report it to the police right?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Postmodernism where words mean nothing because the SJW who speak those words don't have the balls to do what they say.
Land or death is a very clear ultimatum. I don't see how anyone can say something so serious and not take it seriously. Are they just going to "struggle" for land until they die of old age? That would be death, I guess.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
1. Your land was never stolen. Doubt there are many people alive today that were even relocated during Apartheid.
2. I have never owned land.
3. ANC are singing Apartheid songs, perhaps they should be banned along with the apartheid flag? Seeing as the ANC are a part of the legacy of apartheid I guess they could, the BLF are not, at best they are South Africa's version of the Nazi party.
4. I will likely also struggle for land till the day I die...

Arthur

Honorary Master
Disgraceful finding. On the face of it there's nothing hateful about the slogan. It can be said with equal vigor and conviction by landowners.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Two wrongs don't make a right, at least this one is upheld.