Black Friday 2017 – Best South African specials

krycor

Honorary Master
And much like flight sales.. our local tech can't handle the load. Takealot is already putting up store full signs, PnP log in issues, Toys r us timeouts & slow or 502 errors etc

The Takealot one is a 'graceful failure' but others where u get 404 errors etc are just horrid. I wonder what the issue is? is it that our engineers suck? budgets wrong? yes men vs reality check outnumbering? <-- Something people need to re-evaluate as i see it as a failure.

marine1

Honorary Master
Wahahah what a load of rubbish. Maybe it's time we stop stealing American traditions as clearly we cannot compete.

Zukat

Wahahah what a load of rubbish. Maybe it's time we stop stealing American traditions as clearly we cannot compete.
They dont need to compete, people dont research and just go in blindly. TIA

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Yeah Agreed fully ! We should come up with our very own insane 1 day shopping spree - the South African way - May I suggest a day in December - Say the 5th of December each year..... We call it - Shopaholic Madness - 1 Day only with absolute genuine 50% off retail prices on everything and I mean everything !! Every single store, no matter how large or how small, They need to sell their products and provide their services at half price , just for that specific day each year - They possibly won't be making any profit or very little profit, but the sales will be off the chart and it will be a day of Madness:D Not a day of stupidity and embarrassment trying to emulate the States :crylaugh:

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Words of WISDOM .....

Yeah Agreed fully ! We should come up with our very own insane 1 day shopping spree - the South African way - May I suggest a day in December - Say the 5th of December each year..... We call it - Shopaholic Madness - 1 Day only with absolute genuine 50% off retail prices on everything and I mean everything !! Every single store, no matter how large or how small, They need to sell their products and provide their services at half price , just for that specific day each year - They possibly won't be making any profit or very little profit, but the sales will be off the chart and it will be a day of Madness:D Not a day of stupidity and embarrassment trying to emulate the States :crylaugh:
Agree with you absolutely
Black Friday is for the benefit of the SELLERS / RETAILERS
USE the buying frenzy to make you buy stuff you do not really want ( or need )

I am not really that into crazy buying at ANY time of the year ( still hard to resist temptation :) )

At least with a 50% off EVERYTHING I could find the things I really want ( think I need )

As an example -- I have [entry-level] Telkom home unlimited ( monthly on the normal statement )
IF they had a special today ( one day only ) where I could bolt on another two gig onto the one gig mobile for say an extra R50.00 I would have clicked and ticked at 12h01 already !
One wonders WHO works out what is "special" for this special homage to the god of Mammon ?