Black Friday 2018 - What's your damage?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Sigh . I missed this. Got the A6100 from incredible corruption for R5799
That's still a great deal though. What's the difference between the A6100 and the A6500 anyway? I tried to google it but come up short... What little I did find suggested not much...

Gazbal

Expert Member
That's still a great deal though. What's the difference between the A6100 and the A6500 anyway? I tried to google it but come up short... What little I did find suggested not much...
A couple of minor things: usb 3, 400 Nits instead of 300. Silver bezel.

Suspect99

Expert Member
Yours is a bit brighter. and has a USB 3 port. Which would have been nice to plug in a ext hard drive into

cavedog

Honorary Master
Any good grocery specials
There are quite a few at PnP.

Spaghetti or macaroni packets 2 for R16
6 x 1l long life milk for R46.99
Cheddar cheese blocks for R47.99 p/kg
2 x 1kg Tubs of Clover yogurt for R30
1 Tub of Stork country spread for R25
2 x All gold Tomato sauce for R40
Tennis biscuits for R9 each
Large size Bar one chocolate bar for R6.99
5kg Maize meal for R18
2kg white sugar for R30
2l pure sunflower oil for R29.90 (Just for comparison purposes. Zimbabweans pay $15 for 3 of them) :oops:

BTTB

Got my kid a tv for her room, Hisense 50A6500UW for R6k from fakealot.
If I could go back in time I would never of bought my son (27 years old now) his first smart phone, PC, Playstation, Laptop etc, other than for School or Work.
My son is addicted to anything with a square or rectangular screen no matter the size and I am to blame for feeding the addiction.

Just saying sand_man. Technology is a blessing and a curse. Think wisely.

My wife and I were talking about what we could buy for our son for Christmas and I found myself saying without thinking .... nothing computer or technology related. He will be getting clothes.

Sl8er

Executive Member
I'm a bit scared to order items like this from amazon since you read reviews where people mention dead pixels quite often and returning it won't be very easy..

(Looks like the price went up to 11k now.)

Amazon (can't comment on resellers) is -apparently- really good with returns. They cover the return costs.
That said, I've more than once read, where they don't even bother with getting the item back and simply ship you a new one. (I suspect this is true for the large items, since shipping costs might not be worth getting the defective item back.)

JUST before cryptomining took off (about a year and a half ago), I picked up a GTX1070 for R5800 -including shipping, customs and all other fees. It was about R2k cheaper than anything I could find locally at the time. That purchase was my "I'm a bit scared" moment, but everything's worked out perfectly, so I'm much more confident spending that amount of money with them now :giggle:

zizo911

Executive Member
There are quite a few at PnP.

Spaghetti or macaroni packets 2 for R16
6 x 1l long life milk for R46.99
Cheddar cheese blocks for R47.99 p/kg
2 x 1kg Tubs of Clover yogurt for R30
1 Tub of Stork country spread for R25
2 x All gold Tomato sauce for R40
Tennis biscuits for R9 each
Large size Bar one chocolate bar for R6.99
5kg Maize meal for R18
2kg white sugar for R30
2l pure sunflower oil for R29.90 (Just for comparison purposes. Zimbabweans pay $15 for 3 of them) :oops:
Awesome! Went there early to get these