BlackBerry 10 devices delayed until 2013, shares plummet

Derrick

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
BlackBerry 10 devices delayed, shares plummet

Research In Motion Ltd’s board is under mounting pressure to consider unpalatable options such as selling its network business or forming an alliance with Microsoft Corp after the Blackberry maker again delayed the release of its next-generation smartphones, said three sources familiar with the situation...

abzo

Honorary Master
I applied for a position with them but I didn't get the RIM job....

Elimentals

Honorary Master
Well did they not recently release $500 mil loss and had to lay off more staff?

I guess with less people it will take longer to finish the work.

Edit: My bad, was $518 mil and 5000 peoples jobs:

TORONTO — Struggling BlackBerry maker Research in Motion is reporting worse results than analysts had expected for its latest quarter, and says it’s cutting 5,000 jobs.

It’s also delaying the launch of its new phone operating system, BlackBerry 10, on which it’s pinning its hope for a comeback.

Research in Motion Ltd. lost $518 million, or 99 cents a share, in the quarter that ended June 2. This compares with a profit of $695 million, or $1.33 per share, a year ago.

Excluding impairment charges, the latest loss was 37 cents per share. Analysts polled by FactSet were expecting a loss of 3 cents.

Revenue fell 43 percent to $2.8 billion, well below analyst expectations at $3.1 billion.
Source : Time Business

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
They're just going to run the business into bankruptcy.

Rather just sell off what they have (BIS etc)

um_ah

cue music: "Every night in my dreams... my heart will go on..." - Don't let go Jack,

RIM: Titanic

glug, glug, glug.... :p

Cube

I applied for a position with them but I didn't get the RIM job....
ROFL... At least, it seems, over at RIM everybody will be f**ked eventually...

Seriously though, kill it with fire! They are a dying star.

Just sell your tech and go home, RIM.

K3NS31

Expert Member
LMAO at abzo

Also, they've been dead in the water for ages now. They shoulda merged or sold at least 12 months ago. Everyday they wait their prospects decrease too. Soon they'll be bought out for relative pocket change. Those shareholders should've kicked that board out long ago.

Frikkenator

Expert Member
On the plus side, I think this is the last headline that will include "RIM share price plummets". As it must be impossible for their share price to "plummet" from the level it is currently at.