BlackBerry Messenger Social Platform enters official public beta

ingeon

Ag nee k*k.
Now they`re gonna turn my blackberry into another friendface/whatchamacallit

ronald911

Expert Member
I wonder if this will allow developers to create "BBM" for other phones such as Android and Nokia?

Kayoss

I wonder if this will allow developers to create "BBM" for other phones such as Android and Nokia?

i was wondering the same thing.. but the article make no mention of it and i figured it's too big a detail to leave out. If thats what it does mean, i'd be very happy..

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Won`t this actually hurt their model ?

Does no1 here follow crackberry, RIM announced BBM for Android and iOS over a month ago, it should be available with the release of the playbook which is also the first Blackberry handset to support Android apps (part of the os6.1 design), a roll out of 6.1 for normal handsets will follow shortly after the release of the playbook. No official or unofficial list of 6.1 supported devices is available yet, it is possible they will only release it with new handsets as the playbook has a much faster cpu and way more memory than any handset.

Current OS6 users should not get their hopes up about an upgrade to 6.1 and OS7 will be released Q4 this year and its said to have 100% android app support where as 6.1 will have limited support.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
RIM is aiming/moving in a whole new direction away from handsets to become a social network company (like Facebook, but mobile focussed).