BlackBerry vs iPhone in SA: which is most popular?

Surv0

Executive Member
You buy a bb if you cant afford an iphone!
It costs around R2k for a prepaid bb where it costs >R8k for an iphone.
your just a dirty BB hatin troll!

How about getting a mod to setup a poll, im quite interested in the stats.

1) BB phones
2) Mac phones
3) Andriod phones
4) Other

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
your just a dirty BB hatin troll!

How about getting a mod to setup a poll, im quite interested in the stats.

1) BB phones
2) Mac phones
3) Andriod phones
4) Other
I think this was done a few days ago.

Keeper

Honorary Master
BB user: "I can download anything I want for Free with my BB!"
iPhone user: "wow, any apps that you want?"
BB user: "what's an APP?"

Surv0

Executive Member
BB user: "I can download anything I want for Free with my BB!"
iPhone user: "wow, any apps that you want?"
BB user: "what's an APP?"
lol - thats one retarded BB user right there... give them a non-smart fone to match their brains....

Surv0

Executive Member
Hmm cant seem to find, checked ur account for recent posts but also cant find anything. Oh well will keep looking.

Derrick

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
Hmm cant seem to find, checked ur account for recent posts but also cant find anything. Oh well will keep looking.
You don't perchance mean the one on the MyBB front page?

nelwa

Expert Member
Taking just the phones without data plans and cost, the iPhone wins by a mile, but take the low cost of BB's into account and you certainly have a winner.

IRVING

I think its because at the end of the day its not really the price of the phone that matters but more as to what you will be able to do with it after purchase. Lets be honest Iphone has a lot of apps it it appstore but as a previous article on MyBB mentions, its a long process to actually get into the american appstore so the average user will not even bother with it. On the other hand Blakberry has really become popular with the exchanging of pins for BBM and the always on internet access for social networking at a flat rate.

I know Android wasn't mentioned in the article but i guess its because its not really known out here, most people i know only recognize a phone by its brand and could care less about what OS it runs

dawbomb

Android you fools.
+1

I've got a Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro, running Android 2.1. Apart from SE not wanting to give us any updates to 2.2 or beyond, its fantastic. Not the best Android phone out there (I have a student budget), but still, Android rocks.

Poll is on the main page: Which smartphone OS do you like the most? So far Android is in the lead.

Sodan

Expert Member
I think its because at the end of the day its not really the price of the phone that matters but more as to what you will be able to do with it after purchase. Lets be honest Iphone has a lot of apps it it appstore but as a previous article on MyBB mentions, its a long process to actually get into the american appstore so the average user will not even bother with it. On the other hand Blakberry has really become popular with the exchanging of pins for BBM and the always on internet access for social networking at a flat rate.

I know Android wasn't mentioned in the article but i guess its because its not really known out here, most people i know only recognize a phone by its brand and could care less about what OS it runs
It's about value for money. Low-cost, flat-rated social networking + surfing has very high value in the SA market, I think. Hence inexpensive Blackberry contracts wins.

Lino

I am back
*Gets out Blackberry 9300* I love you my little phone....... *Gets out iPhone 4* I love you my phone

Conclusion

FFS they are both awesome phones