BlackBerry vs iPhone in SA: which is most popular?

homeboy

dataplan and lower cost.. I still bought the Iphone though.
nah i stay with my bb it`s old but it`s doing a great job ( 8110). i think why the bb is so popular it`s because of the flat rate you pay for the internet. that sort me out for the month, if i to access the internet it is avaible although i can only browse. i can do streaming whithout paying a cent. i can download up to 5 mb of tracks from certain cites, or download small apps for my pc, so i don`t want another phone untill the internet has drop to prices that is reasonable.

MartyMarts

Spontaneous Interruption
BBs will always be popular if the research includes the low cost BB 8520. If Apple introduces a low cost smartphone we would be reading something very different. Please compare apples with with apples, no pun intended!
...or Berry's with Apples :cool:

Bluray

iPhone, BlackBerry and Android all rock. I guess today it depends on your budget.

Rosaudio

First Officer
Have no idea how people can use BB. To me it's terrible, only worth it for the BIS and BBM if your friends are on that.

I'll be getting the next iPhone when it comes out, in the past I was a Nokia boy, then recently Android and then Blackberry. No thanks, Apple for me.

themba990

Expert Member
I guess it comes down to what you want to use the phone for. Android users go on about their big screens, Apple users have their apps and BB users have unparalleled connectivity at reasonable prices

Gapz

Android is the way forward! Lots of free apps! Heavily customizable OS! Love it!

Piesang

Executive Member
You buy a bb if you cant afford an iphone!
It costs around R2k for a prepaid bb where it costs >R8k for an iphone.
Or you sell your iPhone because you got a brand new Blackberry becuase the iPhone sucks. lol

Piesang

Executive Member
iPhone user: "i've downloaded over 2 thousand Apps to date!"
BB user: "what's a APP!"
I also downloaded thousands of apps for my iPhone when I had one. Just a pity its so much that it gets boring after a while.
The apps I download with my Blackberry I use on a daily basis and I don't get bored with it.

Crowley

Executive Member
I also downloaded thousands of apps for my iPhone when I had one. Just a pity its so much that it gets boring after a while.
The apps I download with my Blackberry I use on a daily basis and I don't get bored with it.
Quality vs quantity.

BB is the best for business. Apple makes great kneepads when you are bowing down at the throne of Jobbs.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Bwahahah yeah right, thats what I thought when I had an Iphone, now I know what a real phone can do. BB is the best.
As I'm precluded from voting for my phone (SGS), my vote is 100% with the BB. Even if money weren't an issue, it would never be for an iphone.

Personally, I think the iphone is overrated.

marine1

Honorary Master
I would love to try that HTC Desire HD just cant let go of my BB :( This phone just works flawlessly and does what I need it to do.
I have been down the HTC road and have a few old phones but......

As I'm precluded from voting for my phone (SGS), my vote is 100% with the BB. Even if money weren't an issue, it would never be for an iphone.

I agree 100% Has Iphones and they are just for kids IMO of course :D

Stormer12

iPhone for me, 3gs @ the moment..

but planning to upgrade to a iPhone 4. :)

PS: Anything better than an iPhone is a NEW iPhone

McT

The Humble Scot!

Okay. So I posted this off my smartphone... the SGS :D, and was thinking I need to hit my PC/keyboard and vote on the poll. But there ain't none :confused:

Would be nice to see where the bulk of loyalty and/or sentiment lies.

fighthall

BB is only good for BBM and the keyboard... the rest of the phone is outdated even with OS6... i will get rid of it once the bbm craze ends.