Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5 or Samsumg S3 ???

BGE

Expert Member
Hi guys,

I know this is a potential can of worms, but one of my friends is looking for advice. He's been a happy BB7 user for the last 2 years, now his contract is up for renewal and is wondering if it's worth staying with Blackberry and their new Z10 device + OS, or if it's time to look at the competition, specifically the iPhone 5, and then as a maybe, the Samsung S3.

Is it true that the new BB will be able to run Android apps via some sort of middleware app??

I know BB10 will be released 1 March, so local reviews will be rather iffy right now, but whats your opinion as things stand now?

Tx.

Last edited:

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Wait for Galaxy S4 and then make a decision. Sony Xperia Z and HTC One should not be excluded either. The Sony is pure class.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi guys,

I know this is a potential can of worms, but one of my friends is looking for advice. He's been a happy BB7 user for the last 2 years, now his contract is up for renewal and is wondering if it's worth staying with Blackberry and their new Z10 device + OS, or if it's time to look at the competition, specifically the iPhone 5, and then as a maybe, the Samsung S3.

Is it true that the new BB will be able to run Android apps via some sort of middleware app??

I know BB10 will be released 1 March, so local reviews will be rather iffy right now, but whats your opinion as things stand now?

Tx.

Z10.

S3 is old. Iphone 5 is gay.

Look at Xperia T as well.

Sumio

Z10.

S3 is old. Iphone 5 is gay.

/QUOTE]

You obviously confuse cellphones for human beings. Get real.:whistling:

Hi guys,

Tx.

It is true that Blackberry 10 device like the Z10 and upcoming Q10 will be able to run android applications, but only up to Android 2.3.3 Apps. Another major factor is that fact the Blackberry Internet Service(BIS) has been removed from Blackberry 10 - so no "Free" internet anymore.

Blackberry Z10 has the hardware to compete with the iPhone 5 and Galaxy s3 - but when it comes down to the actual software, that just another story:sick:

oronte

Expert Member
Wait for Galaxy S4 and then make a decision. Sony Xperia Z and HTC One should not be excluded either. The Sony is pure class.

I would go with any of the above 3. Xperia Z should be available by the end of next month. The Z10 isn't bad either, but it's still a new platform with all kinds of problems (read the reviews online) - also without BIS I'm not sure what the attraction to BB would be (also the Z10 doesn't have a physical keyboard)? If you were a Blackberry power user I doubt you'll like the iphone - it's the least customisable OS (and really the least interesting). The nice thing about Android is if you don't like the keyboard (which was the best thing about Blackberry Bold devices) then you can change them - I'm using Swiftkey which has got me to a point of being faster than I was with my Bold.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
get the first full hd phone , available locally.

Should be the Xperia Z or HTC ONE