Blizzard Bans Gamer, Rescinds Money, on Hong Kong Protest Support

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I have not seen the Springboks or players take a stance on it...

Sorry but you're obviously wrong on all levels. Sport should be Politic free always! Whether I support the cause or not is irrelevant, it should not be on that stage.
Does this extend to the boycotting of SA sports teams during the apartheid era?

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
You guys should watch this
Gives a bit of an insight into the situation. Even though his channel is him ranting about games its not as clear cut as some of you have made out (especially on the rule that got him banned) Activ ...... Blizzard kinda made that one up.

On a different note you guys can also check out South Park - Band in China which was banned in China imagine that. Winnie the pooh was also banned in China because people were saying pooh and Chinese president look the same haha.

For me Activ ....... Blizzard hasn't made a game worth playing since Diablo 3 so I have been Boycotting them since way before this happened. I don't even understand WOW classic people, people have been playing it on private servers since it came out and the little things the private servers add in make it better then original.

Last edited:

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Blizzcon is going to be great this year.

Cant wait for them to be taken to task its going to be awesome.

Will they ban masks (cosplay) from Blizzcon, not take questions and basically go against everything Blizzard does at Blizzcon or get ripped apart by the public.

First interesting Blizzcon in years that I'm actually looking forward to.

Edit: oh ya they also have Diablo: Immortal to release and we all know how well that went down last year.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Seems that Blizzard has changed its mind...
Hopefully people keep up the pressure as they are currently doing. That excuse from Blizzard is bulls**t. They have a history of getting involved in social movements and trying to come across as socially responsible.

EmberZa

Blizzcon is going to be great this year.

Cant wait for them to be taken to task its going to be awesome.

Will they ban masks (cosplay) from Blizzcon, not take questions and basically go against everything Blizzard does at Blizzcon or get ripped apart by the public.

First interesting Blizzcon in years that I'm actually looking forward to.

Edit: oh ya they also have Diablo: Immortal to release and we all know how well that went down last year.
I agree it will be interesting what happens and its about two weeks away if i'm not mistaken, but also from what i heard is that they now do not allow webcams during hearthstone matches and no more post game talks. At the end of the day i think we can all agree that yes Blitzchung broke the tournament rules and yes blizzard could have given a better ruling about what happened but alas its too late and they started a fire that will die down some day but not soon i think.

Besides in regards to Blizzcon didn't they require you use some kind of spyware app in order to buy a ticket to enter? According to what i read this app tracks your movements as well as that demands access to parts of your mobile device to gather info about you.

Face it love the games or not they have been becoming Scummier for a while now its not all of a sudden.