Bloemfontein Zoo | Carte Blanche | M-Net

Sollie

Executive Member
From bushbuck to impala and even buffalo, Carte Blanche investigates why animals at the Bloemfontein Zoo were neglected, some left to die, in the months after the Provincial Department of Environment closed the zoo's doors for business. The zoo has become the latest casualty of the bankrupt Mangaung Municipality. We ask the administrators why caregivers left animals without food and water.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Disgusting.

Who is going to be held responsible for this cruelty and neglect?

Jail time and criminal charges I hope.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Sad.

This 'intervention' thing going on with our government, somebody told them that word and it is currently being overly used. Intervention this, intervention that.

I hope the SPCA take them to the cleaners and is abled in doing so. These municipalities don't know what it means to be accountable, and only they know why they are in administration... so, who is going to be punished?

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I cannot read stuff like this. Breaks me. I believe that there are many people that would have jumped at the opportunity to assist that just didn't hear about this. Fscking heart breaking.

Urist

Expert Member
"ummm.. intervention team.. meeting... management... yah...."
Kudos to the SPCA, Can't they give them a grant put them in charge?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The monkey's were in a terrible state and some died. However the "foreign" ones are in good care now. (can't say much more right now because it's sub judice)

These fvckers need to be hit with the harshest possible sentences - it is disgusting to keep a animal in a cage and then not feed it and mistreat them.

I will be following this closely as I am pretty much involved in a way.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I didn't want to watch the video but gathered myself and did.
It's fvcking disgusting that humans can do this. They all need to be put behind bars from the Premier to the cleaners.

R13...

Honorary Master
"ummm.. intervention team.. meeting... management... yah...."
Kudos to the SPCA, Can't they give them a grant put them in charge?
The SPCA aren't angels but they'd be a world apart compared with the municipality. They unfortunately will not be allowed to run it for political reasons. And corruption no doubt, the ANC will not want to be shown up as incapable by installing someone who might do a better job (damn the animals' welfare) & if it is run by someone it removes the chance to have a place to reward loyal and connected cadres. Those cadres probably continue to receive salaries even as the zoo remains dysfunctional and the animals suffer.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The SPCA aren't angels but they'd be a world apart compared with the municipality. They unfortunately will not be allowed to run it for political reasons. And corruption no doubt, the ANC will not want to be shown up as incapable by installing someone who might do a better job (damn the animals' welfare) & if it is run by someone it removes the chance to have a place to reward loyal and connected cadres. Those cadres probably continue to receive salaries even as the zoo remains dysfunctional and the animals suffer.
"The SPCA aren't angels but they'd be a world apart compared with the municipality."

Agreed just as any other department ie SAPS, Metro etc but there are a few very good individuals.

Sollie

Executive Member
What really gets me is how they knew about this, but could not care two f**cks.

Newsflash: No food and that is starvation right there. But the caring nature lacks ... tomorrow is another day(s).

I say hold each one responsible in their personal capacity. Oh ... and get Gerrie.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Sad.

This 'intervention' thing going on with our government, somebody told them that word and it is currently being overly used. Intervention this, intervention that.
Intervention is the new "caucus meeting"

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
What really gets me is how they knew about this, but could not care two f**cks.

Newsflash: No food and that is starvation right there. But the caring nature lacks ... tomorrow is another day(s).

I say hold each one responsible in their personal capacity. Oh ... and get Gerrie.
Nobody ever gets held liable in their personal capacity. Not a single scumbag will be sanctioned personally.