Blood Clot Risk Much Higher From Covid-19 Than With Vaccines

Markd

Expert Member
And those of us that have lost healthy people in our lives? :p
That is no less tragic. It's hard to work out why young healthy people are getting killed by this thing. The only obvious risk factor I've spotted is being overweight so all I can do about that is try to stay active and shed a few pounds where I can. Would love for science to actually work this out and tell us why some people are so badly affected by it. That contributes a lot to the fear, because a bad case and death can happen to anyone it seems.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That is no less tragic. It's hard to work out why young healthy people are getting killed by this thing. The only obvious risk factor I've spotted is being overweight so all I can do about that is try to stay active and shed a few pounds where I can. Would love for science to actually work this out and tell us why some people are so badly affected by it. That contributes a lot to the fear, because a bad case and death can happen to anyone it seems.
Young healthy people get killed all the time, this virus still kills more older people by a truck load then young healthy people.

Pixual

Expert Member

This is precisely why I am not taking their jab. Yet.

When they (medical experts) can tell me why there is such immense disparity in who covid decides to eradicate, then I will trust them on their anti-covid juice. Right now they are about as believable as the guy who emailed me to let me know that I have inherited $40m from a random philanthropist.

Praeses

Expert Member
So my colleague (which is pregnant and did thus not get vaccinated) and her 3 year old son (too young to get vaccinated) got Covid. Her husband (1st pfizer shot) and parents (both shots) who all live under the same roof and got into direct contact with eachother, didn't get sick and all tested negative. Might be coincidence, might be an insignificantly small case to show efficacy.
Going for my second shot tomorrow morning - even though there's a blood clotting disorder in the family.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
for whatever reason, if you are overweight or obese COVID seems to have a field day with that. I'm not exactly sure why but from all the cases of relatively young people that seem to get hit hard by COVID, many of them seem to be overweight, and not by much - some are just a bit podgy as opposed to being properly fat. Maybe its a lifestyle thing where these people are generally more unfit? I have no idea. All it's done is motivate me to exercise alot more.
May be due to the fact that young people are way less active than previous generations at the same age.

70's and 80's generations before the advent of commercial computers , were active literally every day.
It was unusual for kids to be inside unless really ill.
From junior school, sport and PE was a daily occurence, there was little to no choice in the matter.
Parents begged kids to go outside and play or just threw them outside to "go do something , stop sitting around the house"

From the 90's onward , that decreased, with the rise in crime, the rise in things like "stranger danger" to culminate in the "helicopter parenting" syndrome that is now prevelant and has become almost the norm.

So , that means activity and health in the most important growth years of a persons life, which links to better immune systems and healthier lives which equates to less illness , has been reducing for many years.

Hence the health issues being seen in the current crop of 20 - 40 year olds.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So my colleague (which is pregnant and did thus not get vaccinated) and her 3 year old son (too young to get vaccinated) got Covid. Her husband (1st pfizer shot) and parents (both shots) who all live under the same roof and got into direct contact with eachother, didn't get sick and all tested negative. Might be coincidence, might be an insignificantly small case to show efficacy.
Going for my second shot tomorrow morning - even though there's a blood clotting disorder in the family.
You can get the shot when you're pregnant??

Lupus

Honorary Master
May be due to the fact that young people are way less active than previous generations at the same age.

70's and 80's generations before the advent of commercial computers , were active literally every day.
It was unusual for kids to be inside unless really ill.
From junior school, sport and PE was a daily occurence, there was little to no choice in the matter.
Parents begged kids to go outside and play or just threw them outside to "go do something , stop sitting around the house"

From the 90's onward , that decreased, with the rise in crime, the rise in things like "stranger danger" to culminate in the "helicopter parenting" syndrome that is now prevelant and has become almost the norm.

So , that means activity and health in the most important growth years of a persons life, which links to better immune systems and healthier lives which equates to less illness , has been reducing for many years.

Hence the health issues being seen in the current crop of 20 - 40 year olds.
Stranger Danger was actually an 80s thing, big changes started in the 80s due to the kids on milk cartons, the pictures of missing kids in Archie comics and such.

Or Amber alerts now.

zolly

Expert Member
4 491 229/7 60000000
That is the number that have died vs the population roughly now.

That's not mortality rate. To know the actual mortality rate we'd have to know the exact/most accurate number of people who've been infected with the virus. Counting people who've never been infected doesn't make much sense.

Little-Mermaid

Stranger Danger was actually an 80s thing, big changes started in the 80s due to the kids on milk cartons, the pictures of missing kids in Archie comics and such.

Or Amber alerts now.
Shows the power of the media to take something and run with it and politicians jumping aboard for their own benefit. Seems very familiar but can't place my finger on it... :unsure:

zolly

Expert Member

It's at 9:21.

So because the current vaccine works if you're given a booster there are no current plans to tweak the vaccine.

I'm yet to see how this means we won't get a newer one in the future, as we do with the flu, or that this is something just to milk us for money?

Splinter

Honorary Master
But this is the thing, the death rate is sadly low so people won't, it's like anything in life with a certain risk aversion. Driving a car you have a chance of crashing, in that crash you have another chance of dying or serious risk of injury. But a lot of us drive everyday.

Bad analogy. Why don't you work out a death rate of 2% for everyone driving.

Also, don't forget this virus mutates. Would you like to bet against there being more mutations coming?

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's not mortality rate. To know the actual mortality rate we'd have to know the exact/most accurate number of people who've been infected with the virus. Counting people who've never been infected doesn't make much sense.
Actually no that would be cfr, the mortality rate is possible population that could get infected. Currently the way people are going, the entire world is the possible population :)

Nanfeishen

Executive Member

Or Amber alerts now.
Maybe in the U.S. , dont recall anything of the same hype here, remember the 80's was crazy here, riots, conscription, civil unrest , terrorism threats etc etc, with National Service the only thing that hung over young peoples heads.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Bad analogy. Why don't you work out a death rate of 2% for everyone driving.

Also, don't forget this virus mutates. Would you like to bet against there being more mutations coming?
Not really, we live in South Africa, where there are 12 million registered drivers, there are an average of 14 000 deaths a year, now they don't tell me how many car accidents there are yearly though. Sure it's not COVID death count, but it's still relatively high for something that everyone does.

TheNihilist

Expert Member

Get some meds from the doc, I had powerful anti-clot medicine when I got covid, I am sure that saved me too.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Maybe in the U.S. , dont recall anything of the same hype here, remember the 80's was crazy here, riots, conscription, civil unrest , terrorism threats etc etc, with National Service the only thing that hung over young peoples heads.
So you didn't have constant bomb drills at your school? I mean here we had other issues to worry about in the 80s, the 90s I still walked home, my dad only came home 5 to 7pm every night, I was home from 3 to 7pm some nights.
Only in High School which was further away did I have to wait.