Blouberg restaurant accused of racism after rejecting bookings

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Cape Town - A day commemorating the great Women's March of 1956 turned traumatic for two black women.
The Blowfish Restaurant in Blouberg has been accused of racially profiling patrons after several patrons came forward saying they were denied a booking due to their race.

Vuyiseka Feni made a telephonic booking and she was told the restaurant is fully booked until she asked her friend Stacy Anderson to make a booking on her behalf.

“All of a sudden they had a table available and confirmed the booking,” said Feni.
They went to the restaurant but left without being served.

“We asked about their specials and we were told to look on the menu, we spent 30 minutes without a waiter coming to take our order and we left. I had a similar experience in that place last year but I did not think much of it, but now it shows they have a problem with black people there.”

Source

saor

Honorary Master
The odds of a business putting their shit on the line like this in 2021 is so slim. Yeah it could be true they're KKK rated but I really doubt it. Keep business running > being racist. No restaurant after all this lockdown stuff is turning away customers for no reason.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
The odds of a business putting their shit on the line like this in 2021 is so slim. Yeah it could be true they're KKK rated but I really doubt it. Keep business running > being racist.
Agreed. Looking for their 15 mins of fame.

Reactions: ES1

ponder

Honorary Master
Easy to confirm, go through their reservations book. The restaurant hopefully has cctv, if not they should install it all over the show.

SaucePlz

...we spent 30 minutes without a waiter coming to take our order and we left...
...I had a similar experience in that place last year but I did not think much of it...
So she had bad service from a place, decided to try it again and got bad service again. Sounds about right for a CT restaurant. All this time I thought the bad service I have received over the years was due to poor management, but now I see it was racism all along.

saor

Honorary Master
So she had bad service from a place, decided to try it again and got bad service again. Sounds about right for a CT restaurant. All this time I thought the bad service I have received over the years was due to poor management, but now I see it was racism all along.
For me a good feel for a place that's worth eating at is whether the staff can deal with your queries and issues right there. Got a kak meal? It's cool - it's on the house. But these top-heavy, over-managed schoolyards where the staff have zero autonomy & everything needs to be checked with overly serious manager-person...no thanks.

porchrat

Honorary Master
I could see it happening. Some screwed up people out there.

Seems this experiment should be repeated and documented on a wider scale. Would like to know which establishments I shouldn't be supporting.

Howdy

Expert Member
Suggestion for an experiment:
“I posted about the issue on social media and more people came out saying they experienced the same treatment.”
Post the biggest kak on social media, making wild claims of racism against some business. Sit back and start counting people confirming your kak. Now start profiling those that confirmed. Facebook is great for the purpose.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
The odds of a business putting their shit on the line like this in 2021 is so slim. Yeah it could be true they're KKK rated but I really doubt it. Keep business running > being racist. No restaurant after all this lockdown stuff is turning away customers for no reason.
That you think people are no longer racist in 2021 is laughable.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yeah IOL... I don't even call BS on this. What is Iqqypoos interest in this, what does he gain from this nonsense.