Blouberg restaurant accused of racism after rejecting bookings

gottagoon

Executive Member
I've no friends here. I'm the Lone Ranger.
I have stand taller than my shadow.

Supervan II

Expert Member
I've never experienced racism in any restaurant in or around Cape Town, not saying it doesn't happen, as it probably does, I've never experienced it myself though. When the service is really **** I walk out though, I won't make a fuss but I'll leave.

Crap service I've seen many times.
Same here. Whenever I dined out with my colleagues (A,B,C & W) in Cape Town I have never experienced any racism whatsoever.

Never visited this particular restaurant though, more towards Montague Gardens and surrounds.

Thugscub

Expert Member
Bejaysus there are some pathetic twats around.
Grow up get a pair.
The world owes you F All.

shooter69

Expert Member
Cape Town - A day commemorating the great Women's March of 1956 turned traumatic for two black women.
The Blowfish Restaurant in Blouberg has been accused of racially profiling patrons after several patrons came forward saying they were denied a booking due to their race.

Vuyiseka Feni made a telephonic booking and she was told the restaurant is fully booked until she asked her friend Stacy Anderson to make a booking on her behalf.

“All of a sudden they had a table available and confirmed the booking,” said Feni.
They went to the restaurant but left without being served.

“We asked about their specials and we were told to look on the menu, we spent 30 minutes without a waiter coming to take our order and we left. I had a similar experience in that place last year but I did not think much of it, but now it shows they have a problem with black people there.”

Source
Exact same thing happened to me at a restaurant in CT. They must be racist and shows that the restaurant has an issue with whites.

aleksandar

Expert Member
Hew he, but on more serious note, friend and I were singled out in Mfuleni shabeen.
We were doing some photo project and decided to pop in with our guide, as soon we got in two rather threatening guys confronted us asking what are we dong there.

They did not listen to my explanation and got bit aggro so my SA (female) friend tried to defuse situation and only thing that saved us at that moment was that I received a call from my wife and started to speak in Serbian.

I think at that point they realized we are out of town and they moved away.
We quickly gathered our stuff and left.

Milano

Honorary Master
Hew he, but on more serious note, friend and I were singled out in Mfuleni shabeen.
We were doing some photo project and decided to pop in with our guide, as soon we got in two rather threatening guys confronted us asking what are we dong there.

They did not listen to my explanation and got bit aggro so my SA (female) friend tried to defuse situation and only thing that saved us at that moment was that I received a call from my wife and started to speak in Serbian.

Black people cannot be racist ™ They just did not like you on sight :ROFL:

Craig_

Honorary Master

They must have been quite big because you look scary enough to even terrify @Thor :p