Blouberg restaurant accused of racism after rejecting bookings

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Their website does state:

Dress Code: Smart Casual. Right of admission is at discretion of management.

Is showing your belly button considered "Smart Casual"?
IMO no.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Wasn't that another restaurant/incident with the chick in the bikini top?

Fck knows, it's a non story anyway. She was probably loud which was why she was thrown out, going on the video.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Fck knows, it's a non story anyway. She was probably loud which was why she was thrown out, going on the video.

Going on the video... she is very far from loud for me.

You must be one of those 2/10 would not bang dudes

azbob

Honorary Master
Terrence Zwambila

1 review
4 months ago
The steak wasn’t great at all. To add insult to injury, my wife was told she could not enter so we had to leave to go to Paranga where the service was significantly better.

THE LATE SISTERS

2 reviews
a year ago
No where does it state a dress code. Not on your social media pages or at your venue. Front of house staff were really rude regarding letting us eat at their establishment wearing a bikini top and jeans. Firstly you're situated at a beach what do you expect people to wear. Extremely rude and will never recommend this place to anyone. Go next door, much better staff, ambiance and food.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Going on the video... she is very far from loud for me.

You must be one of those 2/10 would not bang dudes

I didn't call her ugly, she looks like she'd be good for a night (the first one that is, the second one I wouldn't piss on), she does come across as a bit loud. You're a moffie though, you're all loud so you wouldn't understand.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I didn't call her ugly, she looks like she'd be good for a night (the first one that is, the second one I wouldn't piss on), she does come across as a bit loud though. You're a moffie though, you're all loud so you wouldn't understand.

I'm really not seeing it. Maybe someone else can comment

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I think these latest cases has more to do with the influencer trend which is happening all over Cape Town and the farms. Ever since the day people realised that they could monetise social media, these self-esteemed social celebrities regard themselves as product ambassadors. They go to places to sell themselves, and the venue. I am sure that there are some photo-opportunistic pics, and advantages being taken which are being frowned upon.

Look, there sure is a market for this, and it does work as a marketing vehicle, but in there are cases where these influencers just abuse it for their own gain, and for a free lunch.

None of these latest two cases are racism, though, that argument is malicious.

azbob

Honorary Master
I think these latest cases has more to do with the influencer trend which is happening all over Cape Town and the farms. Ever since the day people realised that they could monetise social media, these self-esteemed social celebrities regard themselves as product ambassadors. They go to places to sell themselves, and the venue. I am sure that there are some photo-opportunistic pics, and advantages being taken which are being frowned upon.

Look, there sure is a market for this, and it does work as a marketing vehicle, but in there are cases where these influencers just abuse it for their own gain, and for a free lunch.

None of these latest two cases are racism, though, that argument is malicious.
Sure but this Naija is a few notches above your regular InstaThots.

Adeola Modelling career began at the early age of 13 when she met Alek Wek and Kate Moss just after being signed by the London Fashion Week agency.[5] In 2005, she participated in the Nokia Face of Africa Competition[4] and since then, she has been very active in the international modelling scene. Aside featuring in the London Fashion Week, Adeola has also featured in other fashion weeks. Notable among them are the Johannesburg Fashion Week, Mozambique Fashion Week, Cape Town Fashion Week, Arise Fashion Week Lagos and the London Fashion Week.[5] She spent several years modelling in South Africa before securing the Elizabeth Arden appointment in February 2014.[6] Aside featuring in different fashion weeks, Adeola also featured for a number of fashion publications such as Marie Claire, True Love and Fair Lady, Cosmopolitan and Glamour.[7]

She's also Elizabeth Arden's first African Ambassador.