Blu-Ray Movie Rentals?

eek

Expert Member
Here's to hoping I'm posting under the right section! :D

Now...I'm sure I've seen a thread on this from about 2 years ago or something, which is possibly just a bit outdated by now, so without committing thread necromancy :p.....anyone know of Cape Town based video stores that rent blu-ray movies?

dotVIBE

Expert Member
where in Cape town? the best one is Signals in Lansdowne. It's far away, the parking sucks, the area is slightly dodgy and they have an awesome selection. They also have great ps3 games, and ps3 controllers & guncon controllers & even guitar hero controllers I think.

eek

Expert Member
Was thinking more along the lines of the Northern Suburbs, but wasn't sure if anybody actually did blu-ray rentals yet. Sounds pretty good though, especially considering they actually rent out PS3 games too and sure others will benefit from knowing this too!

tco21

Cynical Grinch
Mr Video in Standerton has videos on Blu-Ray so I'm pretty sure most places in CT ought to.

eek

Expert Member
Thanx dude! Think I'll drop in to have a look there. Haven't done so yet. I just know my local Stax Videos does not have Blu-ray movies, but that said, they are rather small.

dotVIBE

Expert Member
Thanx dude! Think I'll drop in to have a look there. Haven't done so yet. I just know my local Stax Videos does not have Blu-ray movies, but that said, they are rather small.
most mr videos don't either. a bit more than a year ago ( when i still lived in durbanville) i looked up all the video rental places anywhere near me & phoned them all to find out whether they did blu-rays. none of them did. hope you are luckier than I was.

eek

Expert Member
most mr videos don't either. a bit more than a year ago ( when i still lived in durbanville) i looked up all the video rental places anywhere near me & phoned them all to find out whether they did blu-rays. none of them did. hope you are luckier than I was.
Thanx man, think I'll give a few a call. Perhaps they have woken up slightly since! :p

Mr Video in Parklands has a small selection.
Thanx dude!

Brawler

Executive Member
Rondebosch DVD or whatever has BR for R10. Its the one on main road.