Blue Label Telecoms sold Rain to buy Cell C

rpm

Admin
Staff member
What a misleading article heading, WOW.
Why would you say that? It is exactly what happened - Blue Label had an operator which holds spectrum, sold it, and then bought Cell C. They could not hold on to Rain and purchase Cell C - would not have worked with ICASA and CompCom.

Last edited:

lowriderza

What a misleading article heading, WOW.
Yes I reread that article a few times and nowhere does it even make mention of any facts in support of the headline. This writer specifically seems to be a hit-or-miss one.

Edit: in all fairness the byline says Staff Writer so the OP isn't necessarily the writer. My apologies.

Last edited:

freematrix

Why would you say that? It is exactly what happened - Blue Label had an operator which holds spectrum, sold it, and then bought Cell C. They could hold on to Rain and purchase Cell C - would not have worked with ICASA and CompCom.
@rpm They did not sell RAIN. The headline is therefore misleading. They sold WBS which was also a disaster. RAIN came out the ashes from WBS and is now successfully run under new management. But its becoming far to common with MYBB at the moment. Ill wait for next Afrihost punt.

lowriderza

Why would you say that? It is exactly what happened - Blue Label had an operator which holds spectrum, sold it, and then bought Cell C. They could hold on to Rain and purchase Cell C - would not have worked with ICASA and CompCom.
With all due respect (and I'm really being sincere) @rpm , nowhere in the article does it state those things you mentioned. I don't know who has Editor duties at your site, but they might want to up their game. Have you read the article?

konfab

Honorary Master
Why would you say that? It is exactly what happened - Blue Label had an operator which holds spectrum, sold it, and then bought Cell C. They could not hold on to Rain and purchase Cell C - would not have worked with ICASA and CompCom.
The company called "RAIN" did not exist.

Nemus

Rain did not exist, therefore they could not possibly have sold it.
Rain exists because of the WBS failure and if BL did not sell their stake, Rain probably would not have come to fruition due to its required stakeholders having never bought into it.

Swa

Honorary Master
@rpm They did not sell RAIN. The headline is therefore misleading. They sold WBS which was also a disaster. RAIN came out the ashes from WBS and is now successfully run under new management. But its becoming far to common with MYBB at the moment. Ill wait for next Afrihost punt.
How I see it as well. If they didn't sell WBS Rain would most likely never have existed under their management. The timing of this also makes the headline seem like Rain's shareholders are selling it to now buy Cell C. Sensationalism at its best.

yebocan

Executive Member
Last edited by a moderator:

roguemat

Expert Member
@rpm all of the tech people I know have started considering mybb a joke. Lots, like me, literally only come here for the occasional laugh of how outrageously clickbaity and flat out deceptive the articles now are. I've actually discussed this a lot with people at our local tech conferences, and it seems pretty widespread.

I'm sure you're getting tons of extra traffic from the older generation, but please realize that you're not even remotely taken seriously by most people in the industry anymore.

P.s. this is coming from someone who has been around here since the early days. Even wrote a mobile app for the site back on the good old days.

Last edited:

rpm

Admin
Staff member
@rpm all of the tech people I know have started considering mybb a joke. Lots, like me, literally only come here for the occasional laugh of how outrageously clickbaity and flat out deceptive the articles now are. I've actually discussed this a lot with people at our local tech conferences, and it seems pretty widespread.

I'm sure you're getting tons of extra traffic from the older generation, but please realize that you're not even remotely taken seriously by most people in the industry anymore.

P.s. this is coming from someone who has been around here since the early days. Even wrote a mobile app for the site back on the good old days.
Over the years you have consistently reminded us how bad we are and that you hate MyBroadband. I think it is a feather in our cap that you continue to visit MyBroadband despite disliking us so much. If we can achieve that with you, I think we are on the right track ;)

Last edited:

Dave

Honorary Master

:laugh::ROFL::laugh::ROFL:

You think your amateurish attempt at a forum gives you some right to criticise how he operates MyBB? If anything, you should be asking @rpm for advice on how to try and make your forum a bit more successful.

TheExaminedLife

a0f8c9f29ec4113f00fd8f90eb7b7102.jpg

Swa

Honorary Master

Well to be fair nobody in the tech industry has ever taken it seriously. It's got a different target market.