itareanlnotani

Executive Member
Who are they to say its legal?

I don't recall them being given powers to declare things legal or not legal.

Valerion

Expert Member
Who are they to say its legal?

I don't recall them being given powers to declare things legal or not legal.

The Road Traffic Act says who can use what colour lights. They claim to be compliant with the requirements for blue lights. So they are not declaring it legal, they are saying they are complying with the law.

Bernie

Expert Member
Well, lets see what the court decides. SANRAL obviously not going to remove them badges and lights now.

froot

Honorary Master
The CPA states that the powers that be may appoint officers as LEO (in short) and they are thus effectively police/metro as required. I suspect they are using this as part of their argument.

kianm

Honorary Master
Muppets. But forcing people to abide by an evil money milking scam is illegal. I shall not pay vusi

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Stupid useless roadblocks, if I ever see a motor vehicle pulled over for driving with its rear fog lights on and a motor vehicle driving at under 90hm/h in the second from right lane (the lane next to the fast lane) while it is easily possibly to do 120km/h because the traffic patterns allow and for not having working rear lights or driving without its lights on at night, I will buy a e-tag with a smile.

I travel the roads home after 6pm, see more than one instance of each every evening.

FNfal

Executive Member
So what they are saying they can be in possession of the blue lights , and can only use them in the presence of law enforcement officers ?
Is that what they are saying or am I understanding this wrong ?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So what they are saying they can be in possession of the blue lights , and can only only use them in the presence of law enforcement officers ?
Is that what they are saying or am I understanding this wrong ?

That's what they are saying.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sounds like bollocks to me , because only law enforcement officers may be in possession of blue lights .

They must be carefully observed. Maybe a law enforcement officer drives them, maybe not.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I agree with SANRAL, their traffic control vehicles must carry the appropriate markers etc ...

But as soon as they do that they cannot be involved in promoting e-tolling because e-tolling has nothing to do with traffic control operations. Otherwise SAPS vehicles should be put out for product placement branding on the open market - I'd dig a cop car with McDonald's branding. Again though an e-toll branded traffic control vehicle has as much right to push e-tolling as a McDs cop car would have to sell burgers.

malier

I agree with SANRAL, their traffic control vehicles must carry the appropriate markers etc ...

But as soon as they do that they cannot be involved in promoting e-tolling because e-tolling has nothing to do with traffic control operations. Otherwise SAPS vehicles should be put out for product placement branding on the open market - I'd dig a cop car with McDonald's branding. Again though an e-toll branded traffic control vehicle has as much right to push e-tolling as a McDs cop car would have to sell burgers.

PMSL !!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Stupid useless roadblocks, if I ever see a motor vehicle pulled over for driving with its rear fog lights on and a motor vehicle driving at under 90hm/h in the second from right lane (the lane next to the fast lane) while it is easily possibly to do 120km/h because the traffic patterns allow and for not having working rear lights or driving without its lights on at night, I will buy a e-tag with a smile.

I travel the roads home after 6pm, see more than one instance of each every evening.

Must say I would love to see that kind of enforcement as well, except I'll add that any idiot who forcibly ONLY has his front fog lights on instead of the rest of his lights (also often why the rear lights are off) should go straight to jail never mind get a fine.

And I would rather have everyone doing 140 or even more than have even a single idiot doing 80-90 on any highway.

KikzAzz

Expert Member

+1