Bluetooth music fades and skips in car

Signatius

Please redirect this post if it is in the wrong forum. I have a 2016 Chevy Spark 1.2ls and a LG K4 smart phone. Music on the phone plays on the radio via Bluetooth. Problem is that the sound fades every now and then. Almost as if a phone call is being received and the music volume is reduced. I have disabled "phone audio" and "contact sharing" on the phone. I have reset the car's Bluetooth to factory settings and paired both devices again. I have tried a Samsung S5301 with Bluetooth and the same set of music. All my efforts so far have not fixed the problem, but the Samsung test seems to point at the car Bluetooth being the problem. The car has a Discovery Insure vehicle sensor which I don't know how to turn off or deactivate. I have seen somewhere that music with a "too high" bitrate can cause Bluetooth to misbehave. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can try to fix this problem? How can I reduce my music's bitrate to check if this could be the cause? How can I deactivate the car sensor as part of my diagnostics?

MR.C

Expert Member
Please redirect this post if it is in the wrong forum. I have a 2016 Chevy Spark 1.2ls and a LG K4 smart phone. Music on the phone plays on the radio via Bluetooth. Problem is that the sound fades every now and then. Almost as if a phone call is being received and the music volume is reduced. I have disabled "phone audio" and "contact sharing" on the phone. I have reset the car's Bluetooth to factory settings and paired both devices again. I have tried a Samsung S5301 with Bluetooth and the same set of music. All my efforts so far have not fixed the problem, but the Samsung test seems to point at the car Bluetooth being the problem. The car has a Discovery Insure vehicle sensor which I don't know how to turn off or deactivate. I have seen somewhere that music with a "too high" bitrate can cause Bluetooth to misbehave. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can try to fix this problem? How can I reduce my music's bitrate to check if this could be the cause? How can I deactivate the car sensor as part of my diagnostics?
Possibly from a whatsapp message or group message, or another alert on the phone.

Signatius

Thank you MR.C. I will monitor messages and alerts and see if that is a possible cause.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Regarding the bluetooth bitrate, you can force that under developer settings in the system menu.

cyberghost47

Might be this yes or any other types of notifications does this as welll

Yes, any notification will make the volume dip significantly for about a second. You can prevent this by turning your alert volume off. this is indicated by a stripe through the little bell: