BMW 3 Series F30 Advice

Which engine?

• Total voters

LPCPT

After my wife drove my 2014 330D, she's decided she also wants a bmw diesel.
Guess next year I'm in the market again for a 320D or maybe a X1 (diesel of course)
Just need to offload a very nice 2014 Hyundai IX35 exec facelift, with low km's

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Contact ZF they in cpt,jhb and dbn. Looking at around R4500 maybe a bit less, they have specials sometimes.
Yeah, also pay attention in the 4x4community site, they post specials there.

Saw one earlier this year for R3k for the service.

I'm planning for mine to be done early next year (its a bit overdue, but better late than never really)

R_Factor

After my wife drove my 2014 330D, she's decided she also wants a bmw diesel.
Guess next year I'm in the market again for a 320D or maybe a X1 (diesel of course)
Just need to offload a very nice 2014 Hyundai IX35 exec facelift, with low km's
Thats the effect of the bmw inline 6 diesel. It has a so called bipolar personality lol. You can be cruising along sipping on minimal fuel at highway speeds, but when you punch it you get to enjoy that wonderful lump of torque and fantastic overtaking capability. Wonderful engine.

In my opinion I would add a clean used X3 20d to your list, another superb car overall. That way you have the sedan and SUV boxes checked and theres decent clearance for any off road drives or parking even if minimal.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What year model?
I'm paying more than double that and i'm much older:crying: - 2018 model
No claims within the last 5 years either
I'm also quite a bit higher than him, but I had a torrid year last year from a claims point of view, so I'm being punished at the moment from a premiums point of view.

ChrisThomas

What year model?
I'm paying more than double that and i'm much older:crying: - 2018 model
No claims within the last 5 years either
Mine is a 2013 model, insured for R270k
I also have a 1972 beetle insured for R60k and they charge me R400 pm

Give them a call, they might be able to beat what you're currently paying, someone else on this thread also got turned over to them by me and they were cheaper for him too.

LPCPT

Contact ZF they in cpt,jhb and dbn. Looking at around R4500 maybe a bit less, they have specials sometimes.
Saw some good comments about ZF over at BMWfanatics. They're in Stikland and I work in Bellville so fairly close. Think I will talk to them in the new year.