BMW 3 Series F30 Advice

Which engine?

• Total voters

Hunted

Sorry guys - For an F30 320d LCI its 140kW to 170kW and 400nm to 490nm. They also recon improved fuel consumption under normal driving conditions but as long as my consumption doesn't get worse I don't care about that.
Good to know. thought it will be slightly lower for a stage 1, so it's good to see it's not.
Also looking to do it when I have some spare cash.

That extra torque will chew that back tires quicker!! Eek!!

Splinter

Honorary Master
I contemplated it, and then realised that with Durbans roads I'd be courting too much pain and heartache not to be on RunFlats....

and yeah they are cheap, its Durbs so I has a connection :p but it still hurts like a mofo.
Blerry cheap dude. I will keep you as a contact :)

Nimz

Expert Member
FML...

4 new Bridgestone S001s have just drained my bank account for R9k :( :( :( :(
From where, I'm in need of a set urgently and also in Durban.

Tired of dodging the cops . Time to bite the bullet

Close to 40K KM on my first set

justplain

Expert Member
I need new boots for my car too.
TWT in Cape Town are offering 4 Potenza S001's RFT (225/50/17) with balancing/alignment for 10k.
Mine have done well, 58,000km off the original set.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I was gonna say R10k is a good price... and then saw it was for 17's...

Dude, hunt around I think TWT is being stupid.

Salt

Expert Member
Good to know. thought it will be slightly lower for a stage 1, so it's good to see it's not.
Also looking to do it when I have some spare cash.

That extra torque will chew that back tires quicker!! Eek!!
Yes...but it will be so worth it :ROFL:

justplain

Expert Member
BMW offered R9k for Pirelli RFT's.
Though I think the S001's are a slightly more performance orientated tyre.

I was gonna say R10k is a good price... and then saw it was for 17's...

Dude, hunt around I think TWT is being stupid.

falcon786

Executive Member
I personally prefer run flats in crime ridden SA as on 2 occasions in the last few years my wife was not forced to stop in the middle of the road and could safely drive to a petrol station and even a tire repair shop after screws found their way into cars tyres.

As for brand's,I've found the continental run flats drive the softest and quietest compared to others,best drive had the lowest prices on continental tires when I checked and I even scored a 50% discount on fathers day at one of the branches in JHB!

R_Factor

Sorry guys - For an F30 320d LCI its 140kW to 170kW and 400nm to 490nm. They also recon improved fuel consumption under normal driving conditions but as long as my consumption doesn't get worse I don't care about that.
Salt I know you’re in quarantine lol but did you go through with getting your car flashed to Stage 1 ? If so, I’m quite keen to know the end result and did it affect the smoothness of the drive compared to the standard map.

Thanks

ChrisThomas

Any other recommendations to help get some oomph that won't break the bank? A DPF delete maybe?

Salt

Expert Member
Salt I know you’re in quarantine lol but did you go through with getting your car flashed to Stage 1 ? If so, I’m quite keen to know the end result and did it affect the smoothness of the drive compared to the standard map.

Thanks
Hey there...Chris and I are gonna get round to doing it soon...and we'll give feedback on that afterwards. Think its gonna be epic.

And Chris I think if one is not worried about warranties a down pipe is the next step. And that I would get done by Danny from DSC.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah a DP and flash are on the cards for my baby, after I fix the coolant leak and recover financially from the mess at the moment.

Salt

Expert Member
I quickly took the exhaust tips off yesterday and gave them a good clean and polish. I also wanted to pull them back a bit cause after putting the rear diffuser on they were hidden a little.

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-31 at 10.43.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-31 at 10.43.19 (1).jpeg