BMW M Sport package questions

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If it does not have the 8.8 wide screen and it is pre 2015 model on the 3 series it won't stream audio.
There is 1% chance it might have bluetooth streaming option fitted, this required a combox to be fitted in the boot, which then allows it. Don't think there will be many card that did spec that.
Weirdly enough, I tested this on the 3 series that I'm ultimately going to buy, and it does stream audio over bluetooth...

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Weirdly enough, I tested this on the 3 series that I'm ultimately going to buy, and it does stream audio over bluetooth...
What model? It might have had the upgraded system fitted to it or have combox at the back of the car.

But yeah 320d its going to save you heaps on the fuel bill, had no issues on mine when I sold it at 199k.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What model? It might have had the upgraded system fitted to it or have combox at the back of the car.

But yeah 320d its going to save you heaps on the fuel bill, had no issues on mine when I sold it at 199k.
F30 MSport 2014....

I'm going to assume it possibly has an upgraded system then.....

The vehicle is going to go in for a few tweaks anyway to improve the fuel efficiency as well (as well as performance, but its the fuel efficiency more than anything else)

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
F30 MSport 2014....

I'm going to assume it possibly has an upgraded system then.....

The vehicle is going to go in for a few tweaks anyway to improve the fuel efficiency as well (as well as performance, but its the fuel efficiency more than anything else)
Indeed late 2014 they started fitting the newer system, which that car probably has.

ChrisThomas

I get ridiculous fuel economy on my 320d. I drive roughly 46 km to work and back and my average consumption over the course of a tank is 4.9 l/100km. I have driven to durban, then around durban and back (1300km) on one tank as well.. It'll take a lot of convincing for me to ditch diesel and go for a petrol again.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Figured I should do a short little update..

Signed on the dotted line yesterday for the vehicle, so just waiting for the last few little niggles to be resolved and should take delivery of the vehicle tomorrow.

The dealer messed up though, and they priced it as a 2014 model, which I signed for.. and it turns out that its a 2015 model.

Nimz

Expert Member

Signed on the dotted line yesterday for the vehicle, so just waiting for the last few little niggles to be resolved and should take delivery of the vehicle tomorrow.

The dealer messed up though, and they priced it as a 2014 model, which I signed for.. and it turns out that its a 2015 model.
Which 1 did you end up going for? The 3 or 5?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Which 1 did you end up going for? The 3 or 5?
The 3 at the end of the day...

Practical concessions more than anything else... The 3 is cheaper to fix, and had less high end fancy tech to go horribly wrong

Nimz

Expert Member

Practical concessions more than anything else... The 3 is cheaper to fix, and had less high end fancy tech to go horribly wrong
Sweet, I bought last year new although the petrol variant.

The discount was too good to refuse

Enjoy

epah

Expert Member

Good choice. Can’t wait for pics

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Ok make sense why it has the bluetooth streaming as it actually a 2015 model.

Enjoy it, sport mode literally leaves the competition in the smoke :p

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ok make sense why it has the bluetooth streaming as it actually a 2015 model.

Enjoy it, sport mode literally leaves the competition in the smoke :p
100% on the Bluetooth on that front :)

Fsck me, my insurance company is mental... They want to insure the vehicle for R350k :sick::sick:
Maybe I should trade it in and use the difference to get an even better car :p

Last edited:

rorz0r

Executive Member
100% on the Bluetooth on that front :)

Fsck me, my insurance company is mental... They want to insure the vehicle for R350k :sick::sick:
Maybe I should trade it in and use the difference to get an even better car :p
I've found BMW insurance values are always far more than you could ever sell it for...