BMW recalls 324,000 cars in Europe after Korean engine fires: FAZ

f2wohf

Honorary Master
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German luxury carmaker BMW (BMWG.DE) is recalling about 324,000 diesel vehicles in Europe to fix a technical fault that has caused engine fires in South Korea, German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) said.

A faulty exhaust gas recirculation module in BMW diesel cars caused 27 engine fires in South Korea this year, prompting the company to recall 106,000 vehicles there and issue an apology.

BMW is now widening the recall to Europe, with 96,300 vehicles affected in Germany, to replace the module if the fault is confirmed, FAZ said on Tuesday, citing BMW.

BMW officials were not immediately reachable for comment.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-after-korean-engine-fires-faz-idUSKBN1KS1ST

Sl8er

Executive Member

Not ever having tested it, someone actually decided to use their blinker for the first time...and this is what happened....
:p

Nithan15

Expert Member

Not ever having tested it, someone actually decided to use their blinker for the first time...and this is what happened....
:p
Cant give away your stealthy ninja moves in traffic.

LCBXX

Executive Member
That's it! I refuse to support [insert carmaker here] when driving their cars pose a risk to my life and that of my family. This is an outrage and [insert carmaker here] should be boycotted until they completely go under. [Insert carmaker here] was never on my shortlist of cars and now it will never be. [Insert different carmaker here but not Ford/Audi/BMW/Volvo] forever!!

ForceFate

Honorary Master
That's it! I refuse to support [insert carmaker here] when driving their cars pose a risk to my life and that of my family. This is an outrage and [insert carmaker here] should be boycotted until they completely go under. [Insert carmaker here] was never on my shortlist of cars and now it will never be. [Insert different carmaker here but not Ford/Audi/BMW/Volvo] forever!!
Manufacturers go through all sorts of troubles but it's how they handles these that differentiate them from the rest. How many times has Toyota had recalls in the past 15 years? Yet, they remain endeared to the hearts of South Africans. I'm yet to meet a South African who hates Toyota in its entirety.

How Ford handled the recent issue was amateurish. I look at Ford differently now. When my sister made a shortlist of cars she's interest in recently, there was no Ford. Why? "Hey, I'm fairly certain watching your car burn is no fun". Yes, they allowed it to get out of hand.

LCBXX

Executive Member
Manufacturers go through all sorts of troubles but it's how they handles these that differentiate them from the rest. How many times has Toyota had recalls in the past 15 years? Yet, they remain endeared to the hearts of South Africans. I'm yet to meet a South African who hates Toyota in its entirety.

How Ford handled the recent issue was amateurish. I look at Ford differently now. When my sister made a shortlist of cars she's interest in recently, there was no Ford. Why? "Hey, I'm fairly certain watching your car burn is no fun". Yes, they allowed it to get out of hand.
For me it again comes down to society at large not understanding the impact of instant communication. The ability to instantly communicate, fsck broadcast even, large amounts of information in detail is not comprehended fully. The media, government and corporations are way behind in strategising methods to deal with the impact (fallout?) of this evolution in communication.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
For me it again comes down to society at large not understanding the impact of instant communication. The ability to instantly communicate, fsck broadcast even, large amounts of information in detail is not comprehended fully. The media, government and corporations are way behind in strategising methods to deal with the impact (fallout?) of this evolution in communication.
Precisely.