Body of missing Durban woman positively identified as Siam Lee

schumi

Honorary Master
Durban – The partially burnt body of 20-year-old has been positively identified by family members as Siam Lee, KwaZulu-Natal police said.

Lee’s body was discovered in a cane field near New Hanover on Wednesday afternoon – roughly 100km from where she was last seen alive in Durban.

Her face had been badly burnt.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Thulani Zwane said final confirmation of Lee’s body will only be made once DNA results have been received.

"[The] case has been changed from inquest to murder," Zwane told News24.

Lee was last seen alive on January 4 when she left her workplace in Durban North.

She had apparently been receiving threats from an unknown man for months before her disappearance.

CCTV footage showed Lee allegedly being abducted by a driver of a black Mercedes with a Gauteng registration upon leaving her workplace.

On Thursday, KwaZulu-Natal police released an identikit of a man Lee was seen entering the black Mercedes with.

"Durban North police are appealing to the members of the community to assist in locating the man," Zwane said.

"Police believe that he can assist in locating the missing person."

Zwane urged members of the public with information about the man’s whereabouts to contact Captain Raymond Deokaran on 083 632 2849 or 031 560 8004.

News24
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...an-positively-identified-as-siam-lee-20180111

tRoN

Expert Member
Very sad loss of a young life.

Mum was saying on a video about the negative social media comments when she was misssing. Anyone know what this was about?

What work did she do?

Solarion

Honorary Master
Very sad loss of a young life.

Mum was saying on a video about the negative social media comments when she was misssing. Anyone know what this was about?

What work did she do?
Hypocrisy, double standards and rabid virtue signalling is all you will find on social media.

Sean008

Expert Member
Wonder what the story behind this is. RIP to the young woman. Hope the guilty f&cker meets the same fate as he dealt this woman.

schumi

Honorary Master
'Siam was a victim and we should not judge her'

Durban - Police compiled an identikit of the man wanted in connection with the gruesome murder of Siam Lee with the help of her mother who had seen him visit the rundown Durban North property where Siam was last seen alive.

A week-long search for the Durban North woman ended tragically and horribly on Thursday, with the discovery of her charred, assaulted body on a Midlands sugar cane farm.

“Her mother had seen this guy a few times at the house,” said investigating officer Captain Raymond Deokran on Friday.

People who shared the house with Siam said little on Friday when The Independent on Saturday arrived at the Margaret Maytom Avenue property.

A man of East Asian origin, who appeared to speak little English, arrived at the same time as the team.

He referred The Independent on Saturday to the domestic worker and then disappeared after another, flashy, black car arrived at the gate.

The domestic worker said the first man to arrive rented the property from a neighbour.

According to the domestic worker, the house operates as a guest house.

She told The Independent on Saturday that 20-year-old Siam and her mother, Carmen Nan Lee, had rented a room there since last month.

Women residents of the house were vague about Siam’s movements.

One said: “I know about it (her murder) only through the internet. It’s too sad to talk about.”

All of the people at the house declined to be identified.

The property was unkempt. Scars of where there had once been solar power panels were on the roof. Grass had not been cut and a swimming pool stood empty.

Bricks and plastering had been removed from the wall of what looked like a once-elegant archway.

Local Community Policing Forum chairman Hayden Searles said the CPF had conducted “a number of raids on the property over the past couple of years”.

A local resident, who also asked to remain anonymous, described it as a place where there was “a lot of coming and going”.

On Friday afternoon the family’s spokeswoman, Sue Foster, said neither she nor Siam’s family would comment any further.

“We’ve said too much already,” she said.

The Independent on Saturday’s sister newspaper the Daily News reported that Siam’s mother claimed the man she identified to police tried to pursue a relationship with her daughter and he had become aggressive when she declined.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/ios/news/siam-was-a-victim-and-we-should-not-judge-her-12712246

RedViking

Executive Member
Sounds like a brothel and drug house. How can you say too much? Not that the police would do anything to stop the entity from functioning. Sick.

Last edited:

Celine

Executive Member
i'm sorry but this mother is in on this. whatever she has to do with it she must come clean. watch the video. no tears whatsoever. also she already states what has happened to her child days before she is found and not once does she ask for help to find her daughter. nope something amiss here. the thing with the "man" is a cover up.

S7wede

Expert Member
I have a feeling that this was drug related. She probably owed a dealer some money and was kidnapped, with them trying to extort money from the family. The family probably couldn't afford to pay the debt and this was the result.

schumi

Honorary Master
'Siam's murder seems to have been a kidnapping gone wrong'

Durban - Amid tributes flowing in for murdered Siam Lee, who dreamed of going to film school, police investigations this week revealed a connection to a seedy world of drugs and prostitution.

On Saturday afternoon police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Thulani Zwane confirmed that a close relative of Siam’s had been taken in for questioning in connection with her murder. The relative was later released without charge.

While Siam’s mother, Nan Lee, has declined to comment on disclosures arising from police investigations, it is alleged that her death was linked to more than R50000 owed to a Nigerian drug dealer.

It is believed Siam might have been taken for ransom until the debt was paid.

“Her murder was clearly not planned; it seems to have been a kidnapping gone wrong,” said a private investigator who is assisting the police investigations.

He said whoever had killed her had left quite a trail.

A second source with intimate knowledge of the investigation confirmed the private investigator’s information.

Siam attended the private Crawford College North Coast and completed her matric in 2015.

Her friends have described her on social media as a “full of life” and “carefree” soul who always saw the best in people.

On her Facebook page on Saturday, tributes continued to pour in.

“Everyone who has met Si and knows her knows how she has had an impact on them in even the smallest ways and what an amazing soul she was. We are all here for support and to find justice and help in any way we can."

“I still remember meeting her for the first day and I swear I didn’t only find a friend in her. A strong-minded, beautiful and imperial soul was what you were, Si,” Farah Fayleen posted on Siam’s wall."

Robert Hardy also commented on her wall: “She was such a genuine girl; she had a heart greater than anyone I know. I’m so glad I got to meet you and share a bit of my life with you. I’ll never forget you. You influenced me to look at the brighter side of life and for that I will be forever grateful.”

On Thursday last week, Siam was reported to have been abducted outside 60 Margaret Maytom Road in Durban North. The house, owned by a Chinese national, has operated as a massage parlour and has been raided by police several times.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/sunday-tribun...to-have-been-a-kidnapping-gone-wrong-12721520

schumi

Honorary Master
Siam Lee case: relative released without charge

Durban - A relative of slain Durban woman Siam Lee, who was taken in for questioning on Friday, 
has been released without charge.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Thulani Zwane said that no arrests had yet been made.

DNA tests are still under way, but a badly burnt body found in a sugar cane field in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands was on Thursday identified as Lee’s.

She was apparently identified by her lip ring and her feet, bringing to an end a large-scale search for the missing 20-year-old.
Lee was reported missing on January 4, hours after she had disappeared from what is believed to be a brothel operating under the guise of a “guesthouse” in Margaret Maytom Avenue in Durban North.

The Sunday Tribune reported that Lee’s death was allegedly linked to a R50 000 drug debt.
More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...ase-relative-released-without-charge-12722413

tRoN

Expert Member
I just knew something was not kosher in this case.

Just reassuring to know that it was linked to drugs and prostitution and not like there are people in black cars driving around picking up clean innocent girls.