Boeing 737 Max ruled safe to fly by European regulator

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Boeing 737 Max ruled safe to fly by European regulator

Europe’s top aviation regulator said he’s satisfied that changes to Boeing Co.’s 737 Max have made the plane safe enough to return to the region’s skies before 2020 is out, even as a further upgrade his agency demanded won’t be ready for up to two years.

After test flights conducted in September, EASA is performing final document reviews ahead of a draft airworthiness directive it expects to issue next month, said Patrick Ky, executive director of the European Union Aviation Safety Agency.

[Bloomberg]

370z

Still a "no" from me and I have flown on some pretty sketchy aircraft in my life.
I'm hoping this went through even more checks and balances than normal making it even safer

wingnut771

Executive Member
I think you'll find the public will have other ideas. "Oh, you're flying 737 Max, ummmm, nevermind, I've changed my mind."

abzo

Honorary Master
If it’s significantly cheaper, sure. What is the death rate on these? Can’t be higher than Covid?

Edit:

An estimated 8,600 flights use the plane in a typical week of travel, according to an analysis based on data from Flightradar24, a flight tracking service. But the model accounts for a small fraction of planes in the air at any given time, according to Ian Petchenik, a spokesman for Flightradar24.
But ground it because of two crashes.

Lol cancel culture has gone too far.

bromster

Expert Member
I mean everything's fixed and safe until something breaks and becomes unsafe. This is how this thing started. How is it any different now?

Should we be grateful that the designers and technicians who previously brushed over these safety threats under time and financial pressure now actually paid the proper amount of attention to the safety of specific systems of this aircraft?

Thanks Boeing.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
That's what happens when you hollow out a company, hire the cheapest engineers, buy back your own stock and so on.
Max profits = Boeing Max
You won't find me flying in that disaster waiting to happen.