Boeing crisis grows as Singapore and Australia ground 737 Max 8

Craig

Honorary Master
As I said, best people for the job could be from diverse ethnicities, cultures, genders and religions. I don't know what's hard to understand. I gave you an example...the US, where people from China, Japan, India, mainland US, Sweden, etc are doing exceptionally well in the ICT, Engineering and Science sectors.
I've given up on explaining that.

Hansolo

That's just a mumbo jumbo catch all phrase for globalization. Bunk social studies pseudo junk science so that wages can be lowered in First World countries as if the elites don't have enough already.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
That's just a mumbo jumbo catch all phrase for globalization. Bunk social studies pseudo junk science so that wages can be lowered in First World countries as if the elites don't have enough already.
Globalisation is not a new concept. Silk Road, colonisation, global conflicts, etc all set in motion events we see today.

ponder

Honorary Master
Globalisation is not a new concept. Silk Road, colonisation, global conflicts, etc all set in motion events we see today.
I have to ask again, were there benefits gained from those actions for the local population?

ponder

Honorary Master
Many of us have no issue with Boeing doing what they do with their advert on twitter. You on the other hand posted the pic with your underhand comments which started the **** show here for the last few pages
In post 60 I commented that boeing probably started their indian divison due to cheaper labour rates. The salary sites out there seems to confirm this. The comments from past & present employees of boeing india there are mentions of bulk hiring without proper vetting and some employees seem unhappy with some of the unqualified employees they end up with although they eventually seem to get the boot.

My own personal experience in dealing with india divisions of big international tech companies is not positive unfortunately.

Foreigners from china, india etc seem to be much better vetted when working for the very same companies in the US and I have no issues there. There seems to be a disparity in quality depending on location.

buka001

Expert Member
For something like an airplane I want it built by the best people for the job, not the selected based on gender or race.
More planes crashed when the engineers were predominantly male.

If you want to drag this in, then well, consider that fact.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I have to ask again, were there benefits gained from those actions for the local population?
I was answering the globalisation question. Highlighting the fact that it didn't start today. Whether it had any benefits to local populations is a whole separate debate.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If the best person is black he/she deserves the job the same for white. AA and BBEE is a racist policy that does not cater for this. I have yet to see an actual white supremest on here implying a black person will be incompetent at it.
Then you haven't met ɹǝuuᴉM, Lew (he doesn't say it outright) and Ron-something...

beans100

Honorary Master
So what's going to happen to Boeing, now? Surely there must be some repercussions, after a second incident and over 300 lives lost and how many thousands of lives affected. Due to same equipment/software failure. Who is going to jail, who is paying who monies etc.

Daruk

Honorary Master
So what's going to happen to Boeing, now? Surely there must be some repercussions, after a second incident and over 300 lives lost and how many thousands of lives affected. Due to same equipment/software failure. Who is going to jail, who is paying who monies etc.
Jumping the gun. How can anyone speculate in the absence of information?