Bomb Blast In Pakistan

Just_Ice

Executive Member
slamabad, Pakistan - A huge car bomb that exploded outside the Danish Embassy in the Pakistani capital on Monday, killed at least eight people and wounded dozens more, officials and witnesses said.

The blast echoed through Islamabad and left a crater over a metre deep in the road in front of the embassy. Shattered glass, fallen masonry and dozens of wrecked vehicles littered the area. People, some bloodied, ran back and forth in a state of panic.

An exterior wall of the embassy collapsed and its metal gate was blown inward but the embassy building itself remained intact.

It was the second bombing targeting foreigners in the Pakistani capital in less than three months. There was no immediate information on any foreign casualties.

Denmark has faced threats at its embassies following the reprinting in Danish newspapers of a caricature depicting the Prophet Muhammad. Muslims generally consider depicting the prophet to be sacrilegious. Islamic militants have warned of reprisals.

"I was with a friend passing through a nearby street then we heard a big bang," said witness Muhammad Akhtar. "Then we saw smoke and people running in a frenzy. We shifted at least eight or nine injured to hospitals. They all have got serious injuries. They were soaked in blood."

Footage from the scene showed rescue workers dragging away a bloodied person, covering his torso with an orange blanket.

'We tried to voice our concern...'

The office of a Pakistani development organisation opposite the embassy was badly damaged. Its roof had partly collapsed.

Anjum Masood, a field operations manager for the UN-funded group, Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment, said dozens of its 100 employees were wounded, mostly by flying glass. His own left hand was bandaged.

He said the group had been worried about its location across from the embassy. "We tried to voice our concern that it should be moved ... We were under a lot of threat."

A plume of smoke rose above the scene of the blast, which shook windows around the capital.

Sirens wailed as ambulances took the wounded from the scene. One group of rescuers carried away what appeared to be the upper half of a man. Pieces of metal and glass were scattered at least 200m from the blast site.

The Danish flag and the EU flag were blown off their staffs and had snagged onto the first floor balcony of the main embassy building. The windows of the embassy were blown out and the guard house outside was also badly damaged.

In April, Denmark briefly evacuated staff

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast. It follows a bombing in March at a restaurant in Islamabad that killed a Turkish aid worker and wounded at least 12 others including four FBI personnel.

The capital is regarded as one of the most secure cities in the country.

Taliban and al-Qaeda-linked militants have launched a wave of bombings in Pakistan over the past year, mostly targeting security forces.

There had been a relative lull in violence since a new civilian government took power two months ago and began peace talks with the Taliban based along the Afghan frontier.

In April, Denmark briefly evacuated staff from its embassies in Algeria and Afghanistan because of terror threats related to the Muhammad drawings.

Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller then suggested Danish embassies in other locations also could be forced to relocate their staff following a warning in March by al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2333178,00.html

F**k Terrorists and the destruction the bastards cause!! :mad:

Toffee

Was watching Al Jezeera news when it happened. Had to leave for work so did not see what the damage was. These bombing are just a waste of time, it does not change the world, just harms the families of those who are killed/injured, who do not have anything to do with the whole Danish newspaper matter. The bombers are not human, just evil.

Alan

Honorary Master
The grievanced Muslims are justifiably venting their anger again. Of course the majority of the victims of the bombing were Muslim but hey I'm sure it all leads back to America being responsible as is always the case :rolleyes:

Just_Ice

Executive Member
The grievanced Muslims are justifiably venting their anger again. Of course the majority of the victims of the bombing were Muslim but hey I'm sure it all leads back to America being responsible as is always the case :rolleyes:
Love the mentality!!!
I hate the aussies, they irritate me, Im gonna blow up a bomb up in the middle of the taxi rank and kill locals, just because its is near the Oz embassy and therefore I can blame the australians... :rolleyes:

They can vent their frustrations if they want but not like that!!! And it happened months ago!!! They are just looking for **** with the west!! USA FTW!!!

Alan

Honorary Master
Stop meddling in the M.E and they'll stop the killing. :mad:

Oh wait the cartoons were published in Denmark :rolleyes:. Maybe all Danish citizens must leave the M.E and close all their Embassies?

JK8

Banned
Lol the usual bull*****ters commenting on the usual bull*****.

Sure it was the Taliban and offcourse al Queada and not forgetting their ever young and fresh Bin Laden...

When will some one else ever be accountable?

These Danes like attention, they probably did it.

Pixie22

Expert Member
Lol the usual bull*****ters commenting on the usual bull*****.

Sure it was the Taliban and offcourse al Queada and not forgetting their ever young and fresh Bin Laden...

When will some one else ever be accountable?

These Danes like attention, they probably did it.

Actually I think its Islam that likes attention. They also can't take any criticism. Shame for them. Too bad so sad lol boo fkn hoo..

Keep bombing, the more they bomb, the more likely it is that Europe will just tell ME's to fk off and the people will make life unbearable for those already there. Talk about counter productive lol. There is only so much a big dog can take from a little poodle before it bites the sht outa it lol

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Obviously its not Islam at fault, it is the terrorists, who are unfortunately for islam islamic and then they decide to blow up the "west" (this was in pakistan for goodness sake) because they have misinterpreted something in the koran or just simply take it too far!

Surely they are looking for attention? The Danish cartoon debacle was in the past but months later here comes, Bin Laden and his cronies and blow up other muslims just because its front of the Danish embassy just so that he can get "retaliation" and then have a scape goat. A pretty weak attempt at a scape goat!

Pixie22

Expert Member
Obviously its not Islam at fault, it is the terrorists, who are unfortunately for islam islamic and then they decide to blow up the "west" (this was in pakistan for goodness sake) because they have misinterpreted something in the koran or just simply take it too far!

Surely they are looking for attention? The Danish cartoon debacle was in the past but months later here comes, Bin Laden and his cronies and blow up other muslims just because its front of the Danish embassy just so that he can get "retaliation" and then have a scape goat. A pretty weak attempt at a scape goat!

Show me that the majority of Muslims want these guys dead instead of innocent civilians and I might believe you ;)