Boris Johnson: No more masks and back to the office as Plan B restrictions removed

Speedster

Honorary Master
How does wearing or not wearing a mask in a shop affect my freedom? I can still go to the shop, so I have not been restricted in any way.

I have worked in construction for more than 2 decades, wearing all kinds of PPE, such as BA sets, harnesses, gloves, all manner of vests, knee pads, safety glasses, face shields, masks and hard hats for hours and hours.

A mask in a shop for 10 mins is a restriction of my freedom? Lol.
For some random reason I thought you were a lawyer :X3:

Paulsie

Expert Member
This whole notion of having "freedoms" back is such a hot pile of steaming garbage. There's literally nothing stopping you from doing what you want to do. Traveled from Glasgow to Manchester the other day, and hardly anyone was actually wearing a mask and not one person checked a covid pass. Its just spin. And Scotland supposedly has "tougher" restrictions.
Enjoy your summer holiday in the south of France and your Easter skiing trip to Austria.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Boris Johnson May Not Be Able To Talk His Way Out Of Latest Scandal​

Revelations that the prime minister partied while Britain was under coronavirus restrictions has prompted many in the Conservative Party to consider dumping their leader.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

Boris Johnson May Not Be Able To Talk His Way Out Of Latest Scandal​

Revelations that the prime minister partied while Britain was under coronavirus restrictions has prompted many in the Conservative Party to consider dumping their leader.

Good. They need to dump him and bring in someone who follows the science. The UK needs to go back into hard lockdown if they want to survive lionicron

buka001

Honorary Master
Am I sensing a shade of animosity?
Oh more like vindication.

Boris has been found to lie about the parties, be hypocritical (saying nobody told me it was against the rules, despite the fact it was him who set these rules and announced them), incompetent and corrupt (overpriced PPE contracts for friends, dodgy refurbishment deal for his flat etc).

Just before Prince Philips funeral his team had suggested to the Queen that they could relax the rules around funerals for her. She said no, as she must follow the rules they had expected the population to follow.

What did Boris team do after that? Broke the rules and partied again.

Rules for thee and not for me.

Right on par with the ANC.

bridgeburner

Actually way more than once. You also do know there is something called the internet? I don't need to live there to understand the politics of the place. Jesus, do you still live in the Stone Age or something?

Lol Britain is in a mess dude. If you lived here instead of relying on the internet, your opinion might change despite how much of an anglophile you seem to be

Dave

Honorary Master
Actually way more than once. You also do know there is something called the internet? I don't need to live there to understand the politics of the place. Jesus, do you still live in the Stone Age or something?

Chris, stop digging, you are just making yourself look really ignorant.

surface

Honorary Master
Lol Britain is in a mess dude. If you lived here instead of relying on the internet, your opinion might change despite how much of an anglophile you seem to be
What mess do you exactly refer to though ? I have got many relatives (3 close ones and some extended family) in NHS and there are issues of course but mess?

Dave

Honorary Master
Unlike The Right Honourable but Totally Out of Touch Australian Tory Brit even that well known left wing newspaper The Telegraph is openly not supporting Boris anymore.

Amid reports that some Number 10 staffers have been “circling the wagons” by holding back information from the Gray inquiry, and even deleting incriminating photographs and WhatsApp messages, the police officers are likely to be seen as impartial observers.

While police officers cannot be compelled to speak to Ms Gray – unlike Downing St staff – it is understood they were “only too willing” to co-operate.

One source said on Sunday night: “Met officers have spoken to Sue Gray now, as you would expect, and have been able to provide a lot of information.”

Asked how significant the material they had disclosed was, the source added: “Put it this way, if Boris Johnson is still Prime Minister by the end of the week, I’d be very surprised.”

bridgeburner

What mess do you exactly refer to though ? I have got many relatives (3 close ones and some extended family) in NHS and there are issues of course but mess?

* Exorbitant energy bills (granted, that's a problem across Europe at the moment but at least other countries have put measures in place to mitigate this - we're just protected by a cap which people are predicting to go up by 50% in April to around £2000 p.a.)
* Spiraling cost of living exacerbated by National Insurance and Council Tax hikes
* Broken social care systems and an NHS that is seemingly broken beyond repair (granted, Covid impacted)
* Labour shortages everywhere - made worse by blatant anti-immigration policies
* Shelves empty in shops
* Some of the most expensive rail fairs in Europe
* Incompetent leadership across the board including graft, dishonesty etc

If you're earning well, this is all meaningless to you, but if not, you're being squeezed everyday