Borked my Acer Aspire One this morning

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Went to wake my AAO this morning and much to my dismay there was no life apart from the green power light.

Turns out that I had a corrupt bios and the instructions in this thread saw me right.

As the thread says flashing the bios in the manner described might void your warranty so keep that in mind before you decide to proceed. If, like me, you've already invalidated it then that is less of a concern.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
Well the BIOS recovery feature of the Aspire One is a major plus point for me. Even with all my years experience I still get goose bumps whenever I need to the dreaded BIOS flash.

But glad to here to works as I've yet to brick my Aspire One - but touch wood for now.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Do you guys think Acer has a few quaility issues?

Mine has 2 errors straight from the box and I sent in this morning. A friend bought his wife a Acer notebook, and a week later the DVD drive stopped working.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Do you guys think Acer has a few quaility issues?

Mine has 2 errors straight from the box and I sent in this morning. A friend bought his wife a Acer notebook, and a week later the DVD drive stopped working.
No - not really.

Dolby

Honorary Master
So me, you and the guy at work have been unlucky? ;)

Or is your corrupt BIOS something you did wrong?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So me, you and the guy at work have been unlucky? ;)

Or is your corrupt BIOS something you did wrong?
Dont know who to blame for the corrupt BIOS but I'm leaning in the direction of W7 and the poor way it handles sleep/hibernation on the AAO.

The only way to put it into perspective is by knowing how many computers they've sold and of those how many are problematic.